Here are the highlights, otherwise the post will be way too long:
* I started my time off sick. I was physically sick at work Wednesday, and went home to finish the work day from my couch. Allie didn't understand why I couldn't snuggle. She loves to sprawl on my stomach, which was a no-no that day.
* I worked from home Thursday morning during a snowstorm. My boss said to make sure to take time to rest that day so I would have a good holiday. I headed up to my parents house a little early, with Dad driving. He was in town to get the Christmas roast and desserts. Since we headed up early, we missed the accident on I-70 that happened during rush hour. Small blessings for being sick. Allie had had enough of the drive when we hit Winter Park, and started letting us know exactly how she felt. Loudly.
* I felt better Friday, and my mom and I watched While You Were Sleeping. I also huffed and puffed my way through a stationary bike workout. The altitude is real up there!
* It snowed all. day. long. Saturday. I did my one and only strength workout with Pure Barre at home. I did see the fox though. She was hunting for food in the "back yard".
* My parents and I went to see Star Wars Christmas Eve day. After the big storm Saturday, we needed to do something away from the house. While I enjoyed the movie, I thought 2.5 hours was too long. I kept expecting it to go to credits, but it kept going.
* We played Rudolph Monopoly Christmas Eve after dinner. I ended up with 2 monopolies, and I put stables on a pack of 3. Then my dad landed on one of those spaces and I wiped him out. I don't know if I won, but we ended the game after that.
* Christmas day was just a veg type day. Santa did good work, and I got both running and non-running gifts.
* Tuesday was the last day I was at my parents' house. My mom and I got out for errands, but I still had plenty of time to veg. I veg a lot at their place. It's nice to get away from everything and shut my brain off.
* Wednesday they drove Allie and me back home, and then us humans met my grandfather for lunch. We found a good place in Golden, and I got leftovers so I could have lunch at work Thursday.
Thursday and Friday were back to reality. It's always hard to get back into the groove after vacation. The longer the vacation, the more cranky I am.
|She approves of my new fleece throw|
Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.