Sunday, September 10, 2017

Monday Musings 9/11

Week 2 is done!  It was quite a successful week too.  After shifting my run to Tuesday after Monday's air quality wasn't the greatest, I got two good runs during the week, and the second run was on Thursday.  I know I shifted my running days to Monday/Wednesday/Saturday from Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday because I was getting so tired on Thursdays, I'd skip it.  This week I was revved up and ready to go on Thursday, and the shorter week probably helped.  My felt like my days were off with the holiday on Monday.


Saturday morning felt fantastic when I woke up, and even though it was warmer than I anticipated on my run, it was still a great morning for training.  The whole week had been hazy, and Saturday morning it was almost crystal clear.  Not only could I see the Flatirons, but I could see the range behind them too.  When I got to the other side of the neighborhood, I had to take a picture.


There's even hints of fall as trees are changing color.  The trees around my building at work are starting to get yellow borders on their leaves.  Most of the trees are still green, but it's exciting to see color this early since Texas's fall was so late every year.  I can't wait to see what the colors are like at the end of the month.


Not only am I getting ready for Fall, I got some more Halloween decorations.  Even though my mom and I were at Michael's 2 weeks ago, I went again, to a different store location to see what they had.  It was successful, and the store had their Halloween and Fall aisles ready to go.  I bought a couple more decorations, that I put on the mantle when I got home, and I'll see if Tink fits up there when she's delivered.  I got the email confirmation that she shipped out Saturday.  It was a pleasant surprise since the store said allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.

Sunday was low-key, as usual.  I got to the gym early so I could do my biking, and then finish up the grocery shopping.  I wanted to get home with enough time to do a Pure Barre workout before the 5th Avenue Mile was on NBC.  The afternoon was spent finishing up laundry and cleaning, and getting ready for another work week.  I watched the first disc of Big Little Lies that I got on Netflix, and I'm not sure I'll continue with the series.  I don't like any of the characters.  The good news is Outlander season 3 premiered!  Anybody else fans of the show?

*****

Monday: lower body strength training

Tuesday: 3 miles

Wednesday: lower body strength training, ab work

Thursday: 2 miles, lower body Pure Barre

Friday: rest

Saturday: 3 miles, prehab exercises

Sunday: 30 minutes bike, total body Pure Barre


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up, with guest host Sara.

28 comments:

  1. Wow! Your trees are changing already? Great job on your runs this week. There's just something about Halloween decorations... You'll have to show us your new Tink. She is my alter ego, after all. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tink is here! I'll post a picture on Friday.

      Delete
  2. Great job with your workouts this week! I can't believe that the trees are turning colors already! The weather here has definitely felt like fall all week but the trees aren't ready to change yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what's normal in Colorado since it's my first fall here. I'm out of practice with Fall coming this early.

      Delete
  3. I'm seeing the trees changing colors too. It's too early! I wonder if it's the cooler temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The high high mountain areas got snow this week! I'm not ready for that! I know the ski resorts would love it.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to hear that you had a great week. Sometimes making a change to our schedules is more difficult than it seems like it will be. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to push it around again due to a sour stomach Monday :-/

      Delete
  5. I am enjoying running in the cooler temps as well! I do love Halloween but not quite ready to think about it yet. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I need to get the decorations now, otherwise it'll be all Christmas stuff soon.

      Delete
  6. We have a few trees starting to change, but nothing major yet. I think the cool temps are fast-forwarding everything towards winter ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. The summer has been quite strange.

      Delete
  7. Those are pretty looking trees there. I love seeing the colors. We've been enjoying some great weather here too but have not noticed the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only started noticing the trees last week. Most are still green, but I'm seeing more colors.

      Delete
  8. I am also enjoying seeing the trees change colors. I really love Fall and the leaves/trees changing colors is so pretty to me!

    I have also enjoyed running in cooler temps too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooler temps are so much easier. I don't have to wrestle out of my sports bra as much with less sweat.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a great week! We had cooler temperatures this week too and I really enjoyed it. I haven't watched or read Outlander yet but I've been hearing so much about it and am thinking of giving the books a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read some of the books, but got well and truly stuck on book 5. I'm hoping seeing things on screen will make it easier.

      Delete
  10. See -- your trees are changing too!

    I never missed the changing trees when I lived in TX. I just hate raking. Although last year I really did't have to do much -- my husband use lawn mower and the leaf blower and quite frankly I hope that's what happens this year, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the raking I got roped into while living in Boston. My parents had a pretty big yard around the house, and tons of trees.

      Delete
  11. We're starting to get some fall color here as well. It's getting pretty cool here at night but warming up decently during the day. I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still hitting the 90s during the day, but the forecast looks good for next week. Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  12. What a gorgeous view! I actually juuuuust saw the leaves changing near me the other day. I'm not ready!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see the pretty colors. Dallas usually has brown leaves, and then they fell off.

      Delete
  13. The view from your run is gorgeous! Fall is such an amazing season...I decorated for fall on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents have been bringing me decorations they're not going to use. I'm coming up with some themes, and what I want to do outside for trick-or-treaters.

      Delete
  14. You had a great week of training! And isn't the fall gorgeous with all the colors? I haven't started decorating yet, but we do have some cute little pumpkins that we accidentally grew in our garden now sitting on our steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't get my pumpkins until the end of the month, but I can't wait. I'm looking at carving patterns, but it'll depend on the pumpkin shapes.

      Delete