Friday, September 1, 2017

It's September!

Happy September!  I can't believe we're now heading into fall, though this weekend's temperatures would fool you.  We've had warm air since Harvey pushed it up as he was making landfall, but now that's he's breaking up, we're are supposed to get fall temps soon.  I need to get more sun screen this weekend to prep for my outdoor training runs.


Speaking of training, I got this article in my inbox this week, and after feeling like a deer caught in headlights, I do feel excited about Vegas.  The first week of training has been 2-mile runs, including tomorrow's run, so nothing big to start off with.  That made me feel better since I had already been running between 2 and 3 miles at a time this summer.  Once I got my first training run done on Monday, I felt MUCH better about this cycle.

I need to get a couple things this weekend to help with training.  I need new inserts, so I'll head back to Boulder one day during this 3-day weekend.  All I want to do today is get OUT of town since the Rocky Mountain Showdown is today at 6pm at Mile High.  That's the football game between CU and CSU, and I have no idea what the traffic is going to look like commuting out of town.  I normally leave a little before 4, but I don't know when students are going to be heading down, or what long-weekend traffic will look like.


Other than errands and my training run, I don't really have plans for the weekend.  Last weekend was busy, but fun, so I'm going to use this weekend as a recovery weekend.  Sleep, run, strength train.  I absolutely love fall, and my family has a few things planned, starting at the end of the month.  We're heading to a pumpkin farm to get everything we need to Halloween, and my mom and I were going through my Halloween movies.  She told me she's never seen Hocus Pocus.  OMG!  You bet I'll show it to her.  Starting Oct. 1 the Halloween movies and TV shows come out!

And is anyone watching the US Open?  I always associated the tournament with the start of fall when I lived in Boston.  Labor Day marked the end of summer, with some hot days, but it cooled off pretty quickly.  I don't know if I'm pulling for any specific player, but there have been quite a few scares and upsets. 


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

14 comments:

  1. Ohh I hope your mom likes Hocus Pocus! I'm sure she will! I hope cooler temps head your way again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! It's a must for October.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately fall has arrived here! I mean, seriously, lows in the 40s in August? But it is great for running. I've already run in capris.

    Enjoy your rest, Lesley. No big plans here. A hike if I'm lucky; long run & breakfast afterwards tomorrow (and thankfully missing the rain that will come Sunday).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take those temps now. It really warmed up this weekend, with a lot of haze. I was promised Fall in September, so I'm waiting now.

      Delete
  3. It definitely felt like fall here today! This whole week has been much cooler than usual. While its nice to have a break froth heat, Im not quite ready for fall just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Fall, but I can put a hold on winter. I haven't had a good Fall since moving to Texas, and I'm excited.

      Delete
  4. We will actually have cooler temps soon! It's early too. My husband has been watching the US Open so I've been listening to it. LOL. I used to love watching the Halloween movies with the kids. I miss that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when I hit October 1 because the Halloween movies are just fun. I'm not a horror fan, so it's the fun Halloween movies.

      Delete
  5. I won't lie to you--I'm a little nervous about Vegas! I'm not a night runner, it's so hyped, the crowds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first night race, and since the 10k starts at 4, I'm hoping it'll work well. I run after work during the week, and those runs start around 4:30.

      Delete
  6. I can't believe it is already September. Enjoy your relaxing weekend. It has been years since I have seen Hocus Pocus. I don't think I ever seen the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept watching it on ABC Family, and then just bought it. It was less than $10 on Amazon.

      Delete
  7. Although I can't believe that it's already September, I am so happy and ready for Fall!

    You will enjoy RnR Vegas a lot! There is so much to see and do there, its awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited! I haven't been to Vegas since I was a kid, so it'll be my first trip as an adult.

      Delete