After being tired all week, another low key weekend is called for. It seemed as I got into August, I had a sort of July hangover all week. The good news is I rattled off two miles on the treadmill on Tuesday, and it was the fastest I've gone on the treadmill since college. That felt good.
1) I've been thinking about my goals for the month. I've had success in upping my speed on the treadmill, and I want to push a little more. I need to get biking into my cross-training routine, and I also want to work on my core, with all the other strength training I've been doing. Speaking of strength training...
2) I'm in the process of overhauling my work pants. Lately, my slacks have felt a little tighter as I've worked on all the strength training for my hips and glutes. After looking online to try to get some new pairs, I keep seeing cuts that are "narrow in the hips and butt." That just won't work. This goes with the skinny jeans fashion that I can't wear. My strong athlete's legs and butt can't squeeze into what's fashionable right now.
I think it's time I said "f-it!" and embraced the Boulder culture. Jeans. A lot of people at work wear jeans, and I've put up a good fight in the 7 months at work. I've worn slacks and skirts to work for 10 years, and it doesn't feel right to wear jeans all the time. I may not have a choice if companies aren't making slacks that I can fit into. I ordered another pair of jeans yesterday, and I'm looking for a third pair, probably a dark wash to have options.
3) My Garmin arrived yesterday, and I was playing with the settings while I was watching Hidden Figures. It amazes me that my Garmin has more computing power than the computers on the rockets that took men to space. It probably has more power than the computers for the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs combined.
4) Yesterday also marked 100 days until the RnR race, unless I counted wrong. I checked twice on my calendar and kept getting yesterday. That's good enough for me.
5) Finally, Worlds start today! I noticed a few weeks ago, my Xfinity service added the Olympic channel to my NBC line up. I've got all the new broadcasts ready to record on my DVR, and I hope being on the Olympic channel doesn't mean that many commercials. The first session to record will be during the day, so hopefully I'll have something to watch when I get home.
Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.