Friday, July 21, 2017

the Buildup to Vegas

It seems like this week is all about stuff I'm doing to get everything in place before my training cycle begins.  I need something to hang on to at the moment.  Work got stressful this week, and by Wednesday I was done with humanity.  It just got to a point where people were snipping, and I got cranky.  A couple times this week, I've gotten home all wound up, even after doing cardio.


RnR announced the headline band for Las Vegas, and it's the Goo Goo Dolls.  Too bad the 10k starts up the strip from the half marathon and full marathon.  The 10k starts outside the SLS, and the half and full start outside Mandalay Bay.  I'd put a song in my playlist, but I only have 4 songs by the Goo Goo Dolls, and they aren't really running songs.

My packet for the Denver Color Run arrived last week.  I'm going to wear my blue Sparkle Skirt, which I haven't worn since the WDW half in 2014, and go from there.  I won't wear the race shirt since I never do that, and it's a regular unisex shirt.  I do want to use this as a test run and see what my work this summer has done.  I'm using faster speeds on the treadmill, but I need to see if I can hold that speed on the roads.


I posted Tuesday how I'm looking at treadmills and bikes for my basement, but I'm also looking for a new Garmin since my current one had episodes of not holding the battery charge this spring.  The Forerunner 235 has caught my attention, and while it has some bells and whistles I've never used before, the other watches have more bells and whistles.  This even has a cadence counter, which I'm interested in.  With the way this month has gone, I would be very tempted to buy it, rewarding myself for getting through the July chaos.

I found out Ethel M's has a tasting room.  This makes staying in my normal eating routine difficult, but I'm still going to the chocolate factory probably on Saturday.  If not for a tasting, I'll raid their selection.  Between the factory and the stores in the airport, I'm still trying to figure out how many boxes is too much.  Maybe I need to get a check-in bag to make sure I get enough back to Denver.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

12 comments:

  1. That's a great band for RnR Las Vegas! Last year it was Snoop Dogg and the concert was great but there were so many people that it was hard to hear/see sometimes, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's a good concert. I do hope the entertainment on the course is just as fun.

      Delete
  2. Aww, I wish Goo Goo dolls were there when I ran Vegas!

    That's a good Garmin. I think my sister has that same one and she's been pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear. It's an investment, and I want to make sure I choose right.

      Delete
  3. I have and LOVE the Garmin Forerunner 235.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I've been happy with my previous Garmin, so I'm sticking with Garmin for my next one.

      Delete
  4. Do you think you'll actually get a good deal on Ethel M? Sounds like it would be easier to order online! But tasting is always good. :)

    And are you sure you want to wear a sparkle skirt to a run where colored powder is going to get all over it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Garmin 230 and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been happy with Garmin. I'll need to see the watch in person but the 235 is what I have circled. Christmas in July?

      Delete
  6. I have that Garmin and love it! :)

    ReplyDelete