Friday, July 14, 2017

Surviving the Week

This week has been super busy at work, but I've almost survived it, and I have one more report due today.  After that I have until the end of the month to get the rest of my reports in, so I can slow down a little bit.  This week was crunch time since we lost a day before month-end closing due to the holiday, and then we lost another day due to some year-end activity on Monday.  Normally I'd have more than 4 days for this first batch of reports.

I finally finished the book that I'd bought in early June, and I'm on to my next one.  I read Gilded Deceit by Tracy Grant, which I think is #13 in the series, and now I'm reading What the Dead Leave Behind by Rosemary Simpson.  I'm a little behind on my reading, since I've been working on the Rudolph Christmas ornaments, but I'm almost done with those, and I have more time for reading.


I've been sitting here, waiting for RnR to release the medals for Las Vegas.  I know they have other races coming up, and this week has all been about Chicago, but I'm twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the new designs.  I'm not quite impressed with the participant t-shirt, and it seems to be the standard design this year.  The medals have been really good though, so I'm over here with Jeopardy music in my head.

This weekend will be busy, but hopefully a fun one.  My mom and I are co-hosting a wedding shower for my cousin and his fiancee.  My aunt and the bride's sister are also hosting, and we've been planning since February.  The theme is "blooming into love", and we've tried to stick with that for the decorations.  I have no creative, artsy skills, but I think what we've all come up with will be exciting once it's all put together.

My parents and I are also seeing Hamlet tonight for the Colorado Shakespeare Festival.  Every summer, CU hosts the festival and 4 or 5 plays are performed between the outside amphitheater, and the indoor auditorium.  Hamlet will be inside.  The twist on the play is Hamlet will be played by a woman, as a woman.  I've never seen Hamlet performed live, and I'm looking forward to it.

And my Oiselle capris arrived.  They're pretty comfy, and I'm looking forward to testing them out with strength training.  It's still too warm for running in them, but that'll come in the fall.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

14 comments:

  1. I have been lacking in the reading department lately. Every time I take the time out to read I feel guilty that I should be doing something more productive instead. I just recently saw the RnR Va Beach medal and it is nice. I'm sure Vegas one will be just as cool. Besides Disney, RnR has the best medals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had medal envy for Vegas the last couple years. The shirts may be blah, but the medals are pretty nice.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your weekend & the play!

    I like nice bling, but it really isn't what draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegas has a lot drawing me to it. I haven't been to the city since elementary school, the medal, nighttime race, and the lights.

      Delete
  3. R'n'R in Vegas? I'm gonna be there (that's my new "beacon" as I recover from my surgery). Yes, I agree...the shirts are nothing special. They usually do the bling right, though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it doesn't disappoint. I'm waiting in anticipation.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend. Interesting on the female Hamlet. I guess that's a bit less controversial than the "Trump" Hamlet "scandal".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actress was amazing, and she's doing double duty since the festival is also doing "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead."

      Delete
  5. I went to the expo today for RnR Chicago and definitely NOT impressed with the shirt. For some reason they always have the ugliest shirts.

    Enjoy the play! An interesting twist of Hamlet being played by a woman as a woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wear a couple race shirts, but I'm saving them for a quilt.

      Delete
  6. My RnR Vegas medal is by far my most favorite. I love that it glows in the dark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw last year's glowed in the dark and spun. I almost went last year, but was in the middle of packing and moving.

      Delete
  7. I feel like there's something wrong with me...I'm running RnR Chicago but I don't really care about the medal! I'm more excited about some other things that are happening with this race--I'll be sharing on my blog after it happens!

    ReplyDelete