Monday, July 31, 2017

Monday Musings 7/31

For the first time all month, I'm OK with it being a Monday.  I got all my reports in by Friday, and I certainly felt lighter.  I almost skipped out of here when I left.  I didn't, but I was skipping inside.  It feels good.

And I bought my something shiny.


I decided to go with the Forerunner 230 instead of the 235 for one reason.  I wasn't looking for a Garmin to track my heart rate, and the 235 has the built-in wrist sensor.  The 230 is compatible with a chest strap, which is sold separately.  It has almost all of the features of the 235, but for a lower price without the built in HRM.  I hadn't seen it on Garmin's website, but when I saw it listed elsewhere during my price comparison, I searched the website and found it.  I compared the features and didn't see much difference with the features I wanted.  I also got a really good deal from Heart Rate Monitors USA, so I went ahead and ordered it on Friday.  Estimated delivery is this Friday.

Saturday ended up being an extra rest day so I could take my grandfather into Golden for the Buffalo Bill day parade.  Buffalo Bill Cody is buried, under feet of concrete, on Lookout Mountain in Golden.  Every year there's a weekend of Buffalo Bill days, which festivals and a parade.  This year marked 100 years since his death, on January 10th, 1917, which I didn't know.  I will be honest, I don't know much about him, other than his wild west show.





Downtown Golden reminded me of the Fort Worth Stockyards, but I don't think Golden has a cattle drive still in action.


Sunday was more low key.  I biked again at the gym, and I think I'll make Sundays a biking day in my training schedule.  Then I did the grocery shopping, and did more Pure Barre to focus on my seat.  I ended up doing a full body Pure Barre workout on Saturday, and did more Sunday.  I'm doing more Pure Barre since I have the DVDs, and I'm trying to find a good mix between segments and then free weights for strength training.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up, with guest host Deborah.

24 comments:

  1. I picked the Garmin 230 for the same reason! I've been very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear. Having a nice Garmin is important.

      Delete
  2. The Buffalo Bill Cody festival sounds cool. I don't know much about him either. And yay for the new watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I headed to Wikipedia :-p He wasn't a figure we learned about in history class.

      Delete
  3. I recently got the Garmin Fenix I am still figuring it all out but so far so good. Enjoy your new watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll definitely need to learn all the new stuff.

      Delete
  4. Yay for your new watch! So glad you found one that works for you! The buffalo bill show sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works. It had everything I wanted, and no extra HRM.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I really liked the purple. If they have fun colors, why not get one?

      Delete
  6. That's interesting about Buffalo Bill....I don't much about him either LOL The new watch looks nice ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty :) I may not be able to choose shoes on their looks alone, but I can choose a fun color for my watch.

      Delete
  7. The Garmin looks nice! I bought the 235 on sale plus I had a coupon, it's always better when you save money!

    Honestly I don't know much about Buffalo Bill either, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if I hadn't been comparing prices, I wouldn't have found the 230.

      Delete
  8. You always do such fun things!

    I actually kicked myself for getting the Vivoactive before the had the Vivoactive HR, but then I really needed a new GPS watch & other than no HR, I do really love the watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that it's compatible with the HRM chest strap. If I change my mind and want to know my HR, I can get the accessory.

      Delete
  9. Ooh! Love your new watch! It's funny that you decided to go with the 230. After I bought the 620, I wanted to get the 235. I like all the extra heart rate features on it. lol next time!

    Happy training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not training based on my heart rate, but it's good to know I could get the chest strap if I want to.

      Delete
  10. A new Garmin sounds like a great reward for getting all of your reports done at work. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I wanted a new Garmin after my last one was losing the battery charge, and what better way than getting through the most busy time of the year.

      Delete
  11. Ooooh pretty Garmin! Enjoy it! How nice of you to take your grandpa to the BB festivities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He had a fun time too. He doesn't want to go, and then ends up having a fun time.

      Delete
  12. I have the 225 which has a built in heart rate monitor but ask me if I ever use that feature. I mean, I know it automatically check my heart rate but I never analyze it after my run. I bought it because I got a good deal on it during Thanksgiving. I love yours because it is PURPLE!!! Pretty color. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't analyze my HR either, so I didn't want to pay extra for a feature I would use. Once I found this one, and a great price, sold!!

      Delete