Sunday, July 23, 2017

Monday Musings 7/24

This weekend was a lovely lazy weekend.  Last week, work was quite tough and I was so happy to reach Friday afternoon.  I still had to work to get home because there was quite the downpour once I reached highway 36.  It was such a downpour that traffic was going 35, when the speed limit is usually 65, my wipers were at their fastest speed, and I was very focused on the car in front of me.  Thankfully when I exited the highway and took the road home, the rain disappeared.


I didn't know how tired I was Friday afternoon, but I ended up going to bed at 9 that night, and woke up at 6:30 Saturday morning.  I felt a lot better, and even knocked off 3 miles at the gym.  I did head back to Boulder for a hair cut, but I finished up my Saturday errands on my way home, this time quite dry, and no rain.  After lunch, I did a Pure Barre DVD workout, which I felt Sunday morning.

Sunday I went back to the gym because I need to start getting biking back in my cross training.  Since the gym is right next to a King Soopers, or across the street from a Sprouts, it makes it easy to knock off some cross training cardio, and then finish my errands for the weekend.  I biked 5.5 miles, and I hope to keep that up each week.


I also wrapped up stitching the Rudolph ornaments.  I'll finish them at some point, but now they're all done, and I just need to cut them out, and get the red thread on them for hanging on the tree.

Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up, with guest host Darlene at My First 5k and More.

20 comments:

  1. I have only done two counted cross-stitch projects. One was easy and took only a few hours here an there. The other? it had a collage of six different Santa on it, and took me about 9 months to do because it was so detailed...I bet there were 12 different colors of red (for Santa's hat/jacket), numerous colors of the white/grey in his beard and eye brows and hair, and a lot of varying degrees of "peach" for the various skin tones of his face. UGH. It was a piece of work LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one did have some blending, with different colored strands, but it wasn't too bad.

      Delete
  2. I think it is so cool that you make those Christmas ornament

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also did some penguin ornaments when I first moved to Dallas. Those are on my tree every year.

      Delete
  3. I've learned to appreciate a very early bedtime here and there. It just tells me that my body needs the extra sleep, lol

    Those ornaments are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also learned to appreciate it. I need a lot of sleep, and if my body needs it, I give it.

      Delete
  4. Some weeks you just need extra sleep! You are way ahead on those Christmas ornaments this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a catalog with these back in February, I think. It's really early, but this way they'll be ready.

      Delete
  5. Great job on the cross training. Cycling is my favorite kind. Nice work with the Christmas ornaments. We watched that one over and over at our house. The Burl Ives snowman was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bikes at the gym will have to do. I haven't had a real bike since I was 12.

      Delete
  6. Cute ornaments! I think I have some 1/2 finished cross-stitch ornaments in my closet .... I should finish them once and for all. I did my grocery shopping after spinning on Sunday -- I brought a change of clothes but still felt gross without a shower, but I'd rather get my errands done than have to go out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my feeling for each day on the weekend. I was to get the errands done and out of the way so I can enjoy the rest of the day.

      Delete
  7. OMG those ornaments are adorable!! You did an amazing job with them. Great job gettting your workouts in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Rudolph and these are so cute!

      Delete
  8. Your Rudolph ornaments are so cute! I wish I had the patience for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's patience, but I'm still working on it so there's movement. They didn't take too long, and I took a break after I completed each one.

      Delete
  9. Those ornaments are so cute! That rain sounds crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy rain! When I got in my car, it was sprinkling. Then a little bit of rain on Foothills Parkway. Then a monsoon.

      Delete
  10. Wow. Thinking about Christmas already. Those ornaments are cute.

    I haven't done counted cross-stitch in quite a while.


    Good for you on getting that biking done.

    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much Christmas, but these were fun. It's difficult to think about Christmas with temps in the 90s.

      Delete