Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday Five Randoms

For those who didn't see my post yesterday, I bought new shoes on Wednesday, the Mizuno Enigma.  I've tried wearing them and I'm not sure I like these :(  There's plenty of cushion in the shoe itself, but it's way too snug across the top of my foot, to the point where my toes would start to tingle, and there's pressure on my toes  The left shoe is fine, I didn't have a problem with that one, but all of this was happening in the right shoe.  I wore them on and off at work yesterday, and my foot was more comfortable in my heels!  I'm wearing them today and will make a decision about whether to return them.  I bought them in the box so I have the option of taking them back before heading home.


Fairytales and Fitness suggested the Riders, which the store I went to didn't have.  There is another store in Boulder that I'll head to after I return these shoes and see if they have Riders I could try, along with the next NB 860.

I went to the store during the week so I could have shoes ready for the weekend, because guess what?  I have the itch again to run, and what better way to kick off July then to start it with a run.  I'll still head to the gym, in my old New Balance 860s, then drive up to Boulder.  Good thing the towns aren't that far apart.

My car is in desperate need for a bath, and there's a good car wash in Boulder too.  I have bugs on my windshield from my drive up the mountains, the car is dusty, and needs a vacuum.  This place takes care of all of that, and it's not far from Boulder Running Company.  I can get the car washed first, then head to the store.  I'm trying not to fill up my weekend, but I need to get things done, and I'm doing a couple things on Sunday too.  After a 4-day weekend last week, I only have two days to get all this done!


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

20 comments:

  1. I tried Mizuno's Enigmas but returned to the Inspires. They didn't feel as supportive as I'd like. I have a lot I'm trying to squeeze into my 4 day weekend. Most of it is outdoors so I'm hoping to rain holds off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always tricky to find the right shoes, but so important.

      Delete
  2. I used to have shoes that made my feet feel like they were falling asleep and it helped once I started lacing them differently. I don't know if that might help here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try that, loosening the laces, but it was still too tight.

      Delete
  3. I usually wait until my husband takes pity on me and washes my car. I don't really care much about cars, can you tell?

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend whatever you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wash it more during the winter, but this time it was just very dusty, with bug guts from my drive last weekend.

      Delete
  4. Sigh, I haven't washed my car in years. Mine gets pretty clean when it rains. :-)

    I hope you find shoes that work for you. I run in Brooks Launch 4...love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain drops here leave residue, so rain doesn't help much. It lands between the dust.

      Delete
  5. Finding the right sneakers is always such a process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding the right store also helps. The place I bought the Enigmas at didn't have much of what I wanted to look at in stock.

      Delete
  6. I used to love Mizuno Wave Rider. I ran in them exclusively for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be ASICS, exclusively. Not any more.

      Delete
  7. I still love my Asics Gel Nimbus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASICS changed the GT2000s, and keep changing them. I can't rely on those anymore.

      Delete
  8. I totally get what you are saying about the Enigma. I've felt that way a bit too! I did feel there was more "room" in the riders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least it's not just me. The saleswoman said the model is popular, but I hope they work better then for others.

      Delete
  9. Aww I'm sorry about that! If you're more comfortable in heels vs running shoes then yeah, that's saying something! I do hope you find something that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and I always prefer sneakers to heels!

      Delete
  10. I hope you figure out the running shoes! It can be so hard to find the perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get nervous with each new year's model. What is going to change, and will it still be a good fit?

      Delete