Monday, April 3, 2017

Monday Musings 4/3

Happy April!  I'm also happy to announce we did not get snow on Saturday.  Initially they were calling for 8-12 inches, and we got 0!  I'm perfectly fine with that.  It misted all day Friday so we did get moisture, but I didn't have to shovel it.  Saturday was one of those gray and cold days, so I did a lot inside, and ran outside yesterday.  The public track in Boulder is at Fairview High School (which is my mom's high school!), and I did a 5k there yesterday afternoon.  Our high yesterday was in the low 60s, so I delayed my run by a day to enjoy the sunshine.


Friday was a holiday from work, to give us one day of spring break, and I didn't do any activity.  Since I did 4.5 on the treadmill Thursday, I took Friday as a full recovery day, then did strength training on Saturday.  I tested out my new PB DVD for resistance training, and I like the workout.  I also started looking at the gym in Arvada, online, and I can sign up on their website when I'm ready.  I need a tour though to decide if that's the gym I'd like to use.

And good news for us Texans in the Denver/Boulder area.  Blue Bell ice cream is back!  When I was driving to get gas on Friday, I saw a Blue Bell truck drive by!


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

10 comments:

  1. Yay for no snow! It's nice that you got that extra day off on Friday too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice, but I felt like I needed an extra day yesterday too.

      Delete
  2. Glad you didn't get any snow! I'm so glad that the weather is warmer now back home - it seems to make my mood MUCH happier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we didn't get snow on Saturday, but we're getting it this morning. At least the roads are just slushy.

      Delete
  3. I'd rather have Amy's. :)

    We did get snow on Saturday, but not much & it's gone already. We might actually get a little spring next week. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to an Amy's in years. I'll take my Blue Bell since they ship up here :)

      Delete
  4. I'm hoping we don't get the snow that is predicted for the end of the week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't April supposed to be spring?

      Delete
  5. Blue Bell is so good. Our BB was pulled off the shelves for a long while due to listeria (or salmonella?) from the local plant. I'm happy you didn't have to shovel snow. That's one thing I've never done...and don't plan to. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours were in Texas too. It was a great day when it was back.

      Delete