Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday Musings 4/17

Happy Patriots Day/ Marathon Monday!  Good luck to everyone running today!

I'm not a big Easter person, but the weekend was still rather busy.  Since I'm figuring out the routes around my new home, I drove up to Boulder for my Saturday run.  I wanted to do 5 miles, but I had to stop at 4 since my knee started twinging.  It hadn't twinged for a few weeks, but I'm hitting the weights extra hard since I have a month and a half until the BolderBOULDER.  If I had to look on the bright side, I'm able to hit 4 miles more frequently than I was this time last year.  I started PT since I couldn't do a 5k without my knee twinging.


I finally stopped by the Apple Store after my run since I've needed a separate iPod from my phone.  I hit the point where space on my phone was fighting between pictures and music.  I got a nano since I didn't need anything big, but I'm able to have a lot more music on my nano now, and that lets me have a lot more music choices when I run.  Also, anybody notice weird things with the last iPhone software update?  My battery drains a little faster and the volume control on my headphones wasn't working with the phone.  It worked with my nano.

Saturday was also the start of the new Dr. Who season!  I recorded the episode since I was watching Life of Brian for my Easter tradition, then watched it Sunday.  Rumors are this could be Peter Capaldi's last season as the Doctor, and I like him.  My favorite Doctor is Matt Smith, but I've liked Peter Capaldi.  This season also has a new companion, and I hope she's better than the last one.  I don't know anyone who liked the last companion (Clara).  Side note, Jenna Coleman was Clara, and I REALLY didn't like her character, but I've loved Jenna Coleman in Victoria.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

24 comments:

  1. I have never watched Dr. Who. I have recently just started watching the Netflix show 13 signs(I believe it's called). It is so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look that up. I haven't heard of it.

      Delete
  2. I have an ipod nano but it's been acting weird lately.
    Hope things straighten out with your knee. -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today should be my first run with the Nano. I like having all my music available again.

      Delete
  3. My often joke that my Ipod Touch is my external hard drive for my phone. I got one before I had a smart phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought 16GB would be big enough. iTunes shows more space available than my phone does.

      Delete
  4. Ugh, my knee is getting twingy too. They need to stop that! My iPhone battery life always is a mystery - maybe the updates do have something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no more twinging! It had been doing well too, I don't know why it started again.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know Apple still sold iPods! I did buy a waterproof shuffle last year when I was pool running, but I didn't make the connection. I hope your knee stops twinging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're getting smaller for sure, but I didn't need a full size iPod. A Nano was perfect.

      Delete
  6. Good job on listening to your knee - better to be safe than sorry! Hope it's better for your next run! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It normally is better, so I'll see what I can do today.

      Delete
  7. Hope your knee feels better on your next run! (PS: Love the photo of your cat! That's kind of what I want to be doing now, rather than sitting at my desk!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be my cat for a day. Maybe I could catch up on my sleep.

      Delete
  8. Glad you solved your music problem. My hubby was eyeing a Nano as well and I dug up one of my old Shuffles for him (I had 3 that I had soaked during races but ultimately they all started working again after they dried out for a looong timme and I'd already bought another). Hope your knee is ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the shuffle, but I wanted more options for music. I find when I don't have a song, I really want to listen to it.

      Delete
  9. Just watched the Dr. Who episode yesterday! Matt Smith is my favorite doctor too and I agree, I did not like Clara. But I really liked this episode and I have high hopes for this companion :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't hate me, but I've never watch a single Dr Who episode. I think I saw part of one once, but holy cow! There are so many....

    Sorry about your knee. Hope the twinging does stick around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't start watching Dr. Who until a couple years ago.

      Delete
  11. My kids had several nanos over the years (before they were old enough for phones). I didn't realize they still sold them. I've always been a shuffle user. I hope your knee is better and you get to the mileage you want. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about the shuffle, but I wanted to have a lot more music available. I was down to the bare bones with my phone.

      Delete
  12. I had one ipod but lost it and never replaced it. I don't even run with music anymore. I keep saying I'm going to pick it back up but never do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite. I try running without music and can't do it. Music allows me to zone out and just focus on not tripping.

      Delete