Sunday, April 9, 2017

Monday Musings 4/10

Greetings y'all from my new address!  I'm settling in and unpacking and well, running just hasn't happened.  I last ran on Tuesday, on the treadmill because of the snow, and I was itching to get out for a run all weekend.  The only problem was from Friday's packing and traversing up and down stairs between the apartment and my car, and then stairs in the new place, my calves were tired Saturday, and really needed some TLC on Sunday.  If my hunch is right, and my calves are causing my issues, I didn't want to push a run that wouldn't be beneficial.  I spent all of Sunday in compression sleeves, and I finished a book.


The new place is about 15 miles from work, so I'll be spending this coming week figuring out when I need to leave, and if I need to adjust when I start work.  It all depends on traffic, and then getting back after work.  I haven't checked out the nearest gym yet, but I know where it is.  That might happen this weekend since I won't have any unpacking to do.


I'm starting to update my addresses, and I bought the first purchase for the townhouse.  Is it for me?  Heck no, it's for Allie!  I've been eyeing a bigger cat condo for her, and had this one bookmarked for the past couple of months.  I'm pretty sure assembly will be required, but it's perfect, and when my parents' cats visit, Hudson can have the den in the base.  My parents have a cat condo with that same style den, and he loves it.  All 3 cats will be happy, with all posts made of sisal for scratching.

I did finally get my butt in gear and did some Pure Barre workouts with a DVD with 10-minute segments.  I have two of these, and each one is pretty good.  If they're broken up in 10-minute bursts, I find myself doing many, if not all, of the segments.  I haven't been to a PB studio for a few weeks, but I'm still challenging myself at home.


I also think I've finalized my playlist for Bolder Boulder.  It's almost 1.5 hours, about the sam length I had for Tink.  Since I want a better time than Tink, I think it's a good list, and I love all the songs.  As I get closer to race day, I'll post the entire list.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

16 comments:

  1. Yay on getting moved in! That sure is exhausting. LOL on the first purchase being for your cat - I get that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exhausting! And it took over all of my time.

      Delete
  2. Gosh it has to feel good getting settled in! Your cat house looks pretty cozy to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she likes it when it's delivered. She likes her smaller ones.

      Delete
  3. Somehow I totally missed the fact that you were even moving! Wow, that was fast. Is this farther from work? Was the apartment temporary while you looked for a town house? How is Allie doing?

    Lucky Gizmo has only moved once in his life, and my guess is this is where he'll live out his life (he's now lived here as long as he lived in TX).

    My previous cats, though . . . they moved with me from MD to VT. From VT to an apartment in TX. And then from that apartment to a house in TX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about 15 miles from work, but so far the drive hasn't been too bad. I have a GPS today to check out the back roads to avoid the highway.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the move! Glad to see you're settling in nicely. That cat condo looks great! I have a smaller one for my kittens but they use it for scratching and not for lounging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All our family cats love their condos for scratching and lounging. I put mine up against the windows so Allie can lounge and survey her kingdom.

      Delete
  5. Yay for settling in to your new place! That cat condo looks pretty impressive. I was going to say I'm sure the cats will love it but you never can tell with cats :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Allie will. Anything she can claim as her own.

      Delete
  6. I've lived in the same place for 21 years, I think the reason I love being in the RV and traveling so much is I'm just ready for a change. A new move would be exciting. Heck I get excited when we stay at the campground. I just love new scenery and yes even a new route to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apartment living means I moved every couple of years. When the rent goes up, my budget gets tighter.

      Delete
  7. Its always exciting to have a playlist ready to go! Good job resting those calves, but still getting in some strength training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting used to stairs again, does that count? At least I can use those for calf raises.

      Delete
  8. Moving is exhausting! Congrats on your new place, and don't be hard on yourself for taking the weekend off for some TLC.

    Allie will love the new cat condo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I needed the rest, but I definitely felt tired during my run Monday. I could tell I'd taken a few days off.

      Delete