Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday Five: Busy April

April is already quite a busy month, and we're only 7 days in.  This weekend I'm moving into my new address since I'd been at a temporary address until this one was ready.  Last Friday I met movers at the storage facility to get all that stuff over, and things should be finalized today.  It's been a busy week of packing.


Next up in April is my first full month of reporting at work.  My major sponsor has quarterly reports due in January, April, July, and October, and this month is the first time it's all on me.  I'm certainly not alone, since my supervisor checks my work, but it'll be a busy month since I'm doing the whole workload instead of half, like I did during training in January.

Also in April is the Boston Marathon documentary.  One night only, on April 19th.  Since I'm in Colorado, I knew theaters would be showing it.  I bought my ticket last month, and can't wait to see it.  It's the same production team from Spirit of the Marathon, and I loved both of those.


April 21st brings the Princess Bride showing at the Denver Paramount, with Cary Elwes.  The move was on TV Wednesday, on CMT, so I could get the quotes out since I need to be quiet at the theater.  I don't mind, but it is fun to quote a movie you know almost by heart.

The only weekend I don't have anything planned this month is Easter weekend.  I'm not an Easter person, so I'll use that weekend to explore my new home.  I saw running paths in the development, and of course I want to check those out.  What better way to check out the new place than on foot?

Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

16 comments:

  1. I'll have to check and see if that Boston Marathon movie is playing near me. Thanks for the reminder! -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is. I've noticed they've added more theaters for it.

      Delete
  2. I am so not an Easter person either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not religious so it's just another weekend.

      Delete
  3. I love the Princess Bride. It never gets old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite movie! I love it so much.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's fun! I feel like I know cities better if I've walked it.

      Delete
  5. More packing and moving?! I bet it will be nice to be completely settled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I haven't run since Tuesday and I want to get back to it.

      Delete
  6. UGH...moving and getting settled is tough. We'd lived in our town a few years before I became a runner. I've been running for almost 12 years now, and I'm still exploring new streets via my running shoes. I wish I would have started running sooner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had enjoyed running while living in Boston. There are so many good races.

      Delete
  7. Exploring your new 'hood by foot is a great idea! I am an Easter person, but now that my kids are grown, it's hard to make it feel like a special day. Sometimes I manage to plant flowers in the garden, which seems fitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed the egg hunts, but then I out grew it and the Easter basket :(

      Delete
  8. I keep getting emails from the Boston marathon documentary guy. I think he wants me to promote it, but not even a free pass? Dude...

    ReplyDelete