Monday, March 6, 2017

Monday Musings 3/6

After a busy weekend last week, and Wednesday's event, I took a more low-key approach to this weekend.  I did get outside on Saturday for a 4-mile run, and the prairie dogs were my cheer squad.


I took the running path up Foothills, then back the other way, to do the hill twice.  The prairie dogs were out in force since it was such great weather, and I finally got a picture of them.  Aren't they cute?

The rest of the weekend was running errands, and Sunday I went to the CU lacrosse game against Marquette.  Along the way there, I stopped at Boulder Running Company to pick up some more socks.  The sock gnome struck this weekend.  I know I put an even number of white running socks in the hamper because I have two feet, and an odd number came out of the dryer.  I have searched the apartment and haven't found the missing sock.






I also got to think about what I want to get out of March.


My one goal for March is to not skip as many running days.  I skipped workouts in January with my grandmother's memorial service, then I skipped multiple days in February while I worked with my chiropractor.  What I need now is consistency, and hopefully with Daylight Savings beginning on the 12th, that'll mean consistency outside.  When Shalane Flanagan posted how she cracked her back, going from the treadmill to outside, to the treadmill to outside, I wondered if I'm struggling right now outside because I've been on the treadmill.  I could be outside in Texas more before my move, and wasn't experiencing these nagging pings as often as I am now.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

18 comments:

  1. I love prairie dogs! Were you running at Chautauqua Park?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was running the Boulder Creek path that runs along Foothills. It's a good hill I know I can get in Boulder. Things are mostly flat where I live.

      Delete
  2. Oh now you got me thinking about my TM runs. It's definitely a different feeling than running outside. I hope i'm not setting myself up for injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'm not either, but there are times I don't have a choice.

      Delete
  3. I hate it when socks disappear! Like how does that even happen?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, and this is the first time it's happened to me. It's driving me crazy!

      Delete
  4. The prairie dogs are so cute! How cool that you get to live in a place where y can see them out in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all over the state, and they really are cute.

      Delete
  5. I went to Marquette, so naturally I'm wondering who won! There wasn't lacrosse when I went there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Buffs won, by a lot. I had to look up Marquette and you'd think after living in Wisconsin I'd know the schools.

      Delete
  6. What a fun, cute cheering squad for your run on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were there when I went one way, and they were there when I went the other way. Very cute indeed.

      Delete
  7. I'm hoping to do more outdoor runs this month! The weather has been all over the place and I think I've been depending on the treadmill a little bit too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I depend on the treadmill too much, but Texas weather is brutal.

      Delete
  8. The prairie dog is so cute! I realized years ago the TM aggravated my Achilles so I quit running on one. And yes, the Bama weather is atrocious during the summer -- but I got used to it. What is it about missing socks? It's a mystery no one has solved. Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to wonder that. The TM is great for pacing, but I don't think the constant switching is good for my legs.

      Delete
  9. My dryer eats socks! You never know when it gets hungry but just when you think your safe more socks come up missing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me, and it's not even my dryer! It came with the apartment.

      Delete