Monday, March 20, 2017

Monday Musings 3/20

After a week of adjusting to the time change, I hope I'm with it again.  It's a struggle to get to the weekend, then I can sleep in and nap when I need to.  Last Monday morning found me like this:


There's a reason I think Disney secretly animated me for Anna.  She is me in a lot of ways.  Even my parents agree.

Big news too!  I hadn't said anything on here, but a couple weeks ago I applied to be a Bolder Boulder blogger, and I was accepted!  Y'all will see some extra posts about the race, gear to review, and more activity on social media.  I didn't know what kind of blogs they were looking for, and I almost didn't apply since my blog is small, but I have a blog, and I'm running the race.  That's all the qualifications they listed.

This weekend was gorgeous!  I got out Saturday morning and did 3.7 miles... I had to cut my run short because when I was heading down hill, going home, I jammed my leg a little bit, and it took a few minutes for my ITB to get cranky.  I would've loved to have done 4 miles, but I didn't want to keep pushing it.  I've learned to play it safe, as much as my pride hates it.

I've also learned I need more short sleeve shirts for running outside.  I like to keep my shoulders protected, but I only have 3 shirts with short sleeves. They're all Under Armour, but I'm going to start doing some online shopping to see what I can find.  The only clean shirt I had Saturday was pink, and boy was I in pink for my run.  My vest is pink, my tight calf sleeves are pink, I wore a pink running skirt, pink socks... pink, pink, pink.  I need some more colors.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Bolder Boulder gig! That'll be super fun race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I hear. I'm in a jogging wave and intend to have fun.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on becoming a Bolder Boulder Blogger - that's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! First time I've been an official blogger :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on becoming a Bolder Boulder Blogger! Say that 5 times fast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm shortening it to BB Blogger. that's much easier to say.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on being picked! It will definitely be interesting to follow you on your journey to it. I hear great things about that race.

    I like pink, in fact, tomorrow's outfit will indeed be pink, but yeah, you can definitely OD on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt I did OD on the pink, but not much I can do. All this pink stuff was bought at separate times.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being selected for Bolder Boulder! I'd love to run that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on my bucket list, and I just went for it last year when I signed up.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on being picked! I know for the Cherry Blossom blog we like to get fresh voices involved. It will be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like fun, and I'm excited.

      Delete
  7. how fun that you were selected for the Boulder Blogger thing! I hope your IT band relaxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm being a good patient and doing everything I can to run it without issues.

      Delete