Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday Five: Spring

Sorry for the no post yesterday.  I was really struggling with the time change.  After 3 days of sleeping right up to my alarm, I was awake at 4:45, and couldn't get back to sleep.  That seemed to throw me off for the day, and I even needed an extra cup of tea after lunch.  It's been gorgeous, and I wanted to have enough energy to run outside.


1) Now that I have my running belt, the water fountains are on at the running path.  Typical.  I waited so long to get one, it's now warm enough that the water's on again.  But the spring temps is the reason I need the extra water.  Between the dryness of the altitude, and the warmer temps, I need to bring water with me.

2) Tuesday was 70 degrees for my 3.5 miles, I couldn't help but dress in spring.  I had my "spring" Running Skirt, and a yellow tank top.  I call the skirt my spring skirt because it's got all kinds of bright colors.  Almost like Easter eggs.

3) I'm loving the longer days, despite my struggle to adapt to the time change.  I finished my run Tuesday after 5, and it was still light out.  Not even dusk, light, and I had plenty of time to stretch and foam roll before needed dinner.


4) Another spring staple is of course, Boston.  This year, the same team from Spirit of the Marathon is releasing a documentary about the Boston Marathon.  It's one night only on April 19th in various theaters.  I figured the Cinemark in Boulder would show it, and they are.  I've bought my ticket.

5) Spring time also brings lots of races.  I know there are a lot this weekend, from RnR Dallas, to the Shamrock races, to the LA marathon, and the NYC half, this seems like a BIG weekend of spring races.  Good luck to everyone!


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

17 comments:

  1. I've been having a hard time adjusting to the time change as well - morning workouts have not been happening this week. I'm looking forward to running in the light after work though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I workout in the afternoons during the week, but driving in the dark is always tough. It's hard to wake up on my drive to work.

      Delete
  2. This is the first time that the time change did not bother me at all! I have no idea why

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't use to bother me, but now it does. The only thing happy about it is my stomach, since it thinks it's getting lunch an hour early.

      Delete
  3. Oh man, your 70 degree run must have been awesome! :) I'm so ready for spring running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! There was a slight breeze so I wasn't overheated.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the reminder on that Boston movie.
    My friends in CO told me about the 70 degree day you had. Amazing. We're lucky to make it over 30 these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the days I was looking forward to. We don't get many days like this in Dallas.

      Delete
  5. Im definitely jealous of your spring weather- its been so cold here and we still have snow and ice on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully Colorado snow melts quickly. It's a good thing too since Boulder doesn't plow.

      Delete
  6. I'm so ready for spring. We've had those teaser days, but now I'm ready for the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teaser days are so mean. I keep being told to still expect snow, and I'm already in spring mode.

      Delete
  7. 70. So jealous. But that'll all change for me soon, even if temporarily!

    Thanks for the heads up on the documentary. Love Spirit of the Marathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both Spirits. I know the team will do a good job with Boston.

      Delete
  8. Yay for 70 degrees! I can't wait for that to be the norm again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March is always tough because you think spring is here, but then Mother Nature has other ideas.

      Delete