Friday, March 10, 2017

Fitness Trends and Some Random Stuff

My balance disc shipped!  I can continue to challenge my calves, and I got another exercise from my chiro.  I know... they're building.  This one is to hop on one foot, back and forth on a line.  Or at least try to maintain a line.  I was never good at that.  She said she uses a tennis court because of the lines, but I'll have to make due with the lines on the carpet.  I apologize in advance to the people downstairs.


Another item on my list is a running belt with water bottles.  I was going to run outside yesterday when I remembered I still haven't sprung for that running belt.  I carried a 16-oz plastic bottle on my run last Saturday and nearly drank the whole thing during my 4.25 miles.  I wanted to do hill work on the path up and down Foothills, but I'd have to carry a water bottle again.  It's dry here and I'm obviously not a camel.  I need my water, so I'm going to stop by the store today so I can get a belt and wash out the bottles before tomorrow's run.

Since I'm going to be at a running store after work, I kind of want to do a re-assessment of my running shoes.  When I was fitted back in July, I was told I don't overpronate that much, which is weird because I've always overpronated like crazy.  And now since my chiro has said my ankles are unsteady and my calves are working overtime, I figure it wouldn't hurt to go in to a different store and ask them what they think.  If these are the right shoes and I just need inserts for now, fine.  If I need more stability, fine.  Better to get new shoes now instead of too close to the race.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

8 comments:

  1. Hope they are able to help you out at the running store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did, and my shoes are giving me enough support. I guess the tightness is due to working my calves.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is here! It was nice having it with me yesterday.

      Delete
  3. I would absolutely go to a different store and get fitted. I do that all the time, actually. It's good to get second opinions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They agreed with the store in Texas. They said my alignment in these shoes is pretty good.

      Delete
  4. Glad you were able to get a water belt and your shoes looked at! Hope you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water belt worked well on Saturday. I'll have to take it further.

      Delete