Today's Friday Five is a free day. I'll ramble a little bit since yesterday wasn't a random post day.
One good thing about moving is I can plug in the moving expenses into TurboTax and get a refund. I'm getting a pretty good refund this year (OK, I am back to paying state tax and I owe Colorado $2 for working 3 days...), and I'm going to have some fun with it. I'll donate some to the rescue shelter I got Allie from, and then it's shopping time. I'm already contemplating what I want to get, and jewelry, running gear, and wine seem about right. Even better to go to small companies.
1) My favorite jewelry store is a staple in Texas, and they've had an owl pendant design since the fall. It'll go with the owl earrings I have. I like owls.
2) The running gear I'd like is a pair of Oiselle capris that have my name
on it. I'm not kidding, they have my name on them. The Lesley Knickers. It's fate, right?
3) This weekend marks 5 years since I did the Princess half as my first 13.1 distance. Wait, what?
4) Anybody who watches CBS shows getting tired of the number of commercials? I first stopped watching football since CBS has so many during its games, but now I feel like shows are getting shorter so they can show more commercials. I timed the Big Bang Theory last night and it was 17.5 minutes long. Earlier seasons has shows at 21 and 22 minutes. At least I can DVR all my shows and skip the commercials.
5) And just a really random thought. At work we have a file for each award called Snapshot, and it contains all the information about the award. Even though I don't have the app, I keep wanting to call it Snap Chat. I keep correcting myself, but one day Snap Chat is going to come out of my mouth, probably in a meeting or something.
Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.