This may be my last Friday Five of the year. Next Friday I'll be turning in my cable and internet equipment, the Friday after that I'll be visiting family all day, and the Friday after that should be my third day with my new job. I'll try to keep up, but everything is almost here!
We've received our arctic blast in Texas, and it's quite cold, but not as cold as Boulder on Wednesday.
It's a good thing my birthday is a month after Christmas, because I need some new running clothes if I expect to survive winter running in Boulder. If I can get outside, great, but I have a feeling I'll be retreating to the treadmill until I can adjust.
1) Running jackets. I know the running stores should be stocked with these, but I need to research which ones are good, then try them on. I've already found a style from Pearl Izumi I want to try.
2) Running hats. I hate it when my hair is shoved up in a winter hat, so I know where I'll turn. Oiselle has a hat that accommodates a pony tail!
3) Running gloves. I have standard, Texas winter gloves, but they're not running gloves. I know this because I used them in my frigid 5k last year. I need some solid running gloves that will keep my fingers warm.
4) Which brings me to hand warmers. Any of those in my gloves will be nice.
5) Hot chocolate. If milk is a good recovery drink, hot chocolate must be nice in the winter. I'll have to have canisters of this if I want to warm up after a run. Ghiradelli makes really good hot chocolate mix.
Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.