Since Monday is a holiday, instead of recapping my weekend, I'll write my plans here. I'm trying to have a good balance since Saturday will be so busy. At least it is a 3-day weekend, and with everything going on, I still have 2 days to relax.
1) Jimmy Buffett concert. Some people in my party are heading up early, but too early for me. I'll meet up with them in the afternoon. I made the key lime bars Wednesday afternoon, and I cooked the shrimp last night. Last night was also an impromptu rest day. I did around the world lunges Wednesday while the key lime bars were baking, and those always get my inner thighs. DOMS settled during work yesterday, so I decided to give my legs a rest day.
2) For the first time, I carved up a whole pineapple to prep for the shrimp I made. Believe it or not, I was not influenced by Pinterest for the shrimp finger foods I'm making. It was a mass email from Margaritaville. Each shrimp is toothpicked to a chunk of pineapple for the perfect tailgate dish and easy eating. I need to get the toothpicks on Saturday, and I'll finish assembling the food. Don't worry, I'll take pictures.
3) The Pre Classic. This one will be on the DVR since Saturday's events are happening in the afternoon. The first broadcast will be on NBCSN, then on NBC right after. I can watch both broadcasts on Sunday since I don't plan to do much that day. I don't know when I'll get home after the concert, but an easy day and staying in bed late seems to be perfect.
4) Alice Through the Looking Glass. This will be a Monday thing, but I've been excited about this movie since the first trailer was shown, and I saw the preview at DCA. It won't be 3D, like the preview. I've never liked the 3D movie concept, so it'll be a normal showing.
5) My Pure Barre studio is having classes on Monday, but on a modified schedule. I've signed up for the first class after Platform, so the weekend won't be devoid of workouts.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!