Lots has happened in the past couple weeks, and I actually missed posting last Friday because it got so chaotic. My trip to Anaheim is just around the corner, and I've already got some good plans for the summer.
1) I have started obsessing about the weather in Anaheim. A quick glance showed 70s during the day, 50s at night. I'll throw in a sweatshirt for everyday stuff, and I might throw in some arm sleeves for my outfit. I have that down pat, and I hope I don't have to make any adjustments. The arm sleeves should do, plus a throw away shirt if needed. I'm also still tweaking my playlist as there are a couple more songs I need to switch out.
2) Car shopping. As mentioned before, I'm now car shopping, and I test drove the Honda CRV last Saturday, and tomorrow I plan to test drive a Mazda CX-5. There are two dealerships in my area, and the further one had two AWD models when I checked on Monday. It's also further north, and I hope the highway's traffic lightens up so I can test the speed of the car.
3) After Anaheim, it's not too long before the Jimmy Buffett concert Memorial Day Weekend. I get the Margaritaville emails, and I already have an idea for individual servings of jerk shrimp on pineapple. The recipe I have calls for tequila in the marinade, and it is a Buffett concert after all.
4) I'm headed to DC in August for a conference, and I hope to get out and run (yes, in that humidity) since I couldn't the last time I was there. That was summer 2013, when I was just starting to battle ITBS and I had to stick with the hotels gym and treadmill. I want to get out and see some of the monuments while I'm there.
5) I haven't decided if I want to head up to Colorado during the summer, but it's still on the table. With my trip to Anaheim and the conference in August, and coworkers' vacations too, the logistics are proving to be a little difficult. I'd love to get out of the heat, but I don't know if it's in the cards this year.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!