It's now officially fall and there are always a number of activities that are fall-based or simply start up in the fall.
1) The Texas State Fair starts today. Confession time, I haven't been to the state fair, and I've been in Dallas since early 2009. This'll be my 7th state fair and I haven't made my way down yet. There's always that one day to avoid the state fair, and that is Oct. 10. That's the OU/UT game, so either go during the game and leave before the game ends, or go a different day.
2) Fall races are starting to come fast and furious. My 5k is Oct. 10, but races started up again this month and will keep going until it's too hot again, next year.
3) Hockey season starts too. The Allen Americans start their season at home on Oct. 16, and I've not only been counting down to that game, but I've been counting down to when the NHL starts. The Red Wings start their season Oct. 9.
4) Apple cider donuts are a must. I may not be picking apples in Massachusetts anymore, but I can get the mix to bake them. Which may be healthier than frying them, and I got a tip on how to make them into donut holes :-)
5) Halloween!! I have fall decorations out at work but come Oct. 1, I will have Halloween decorations out too.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!