Thursday, January 22, 2015

HIIT Training

I'll admit, I'm enjoying the HIIT training.  It's something new so I'm not sure the shine will diminish, but I'm enjoying the change of pace.  I avoided HIIT in the past because in high school, I'd get light headed if I tried it, and then when I started running, I thought why increase my heartrate when I'm already doing that with my running.  Cross-training's supposed to be a break from that.


This is not a review, but I'm getting a lot of help with Fitnessista's new book, HIIT It!  I needed a reference because aside from the Jillian Michaels workouts, I wasn't sure what else there was to HIIT.  HIIT It! not only has examples of what a HIIT exercise is, but it includes many different workouts.  How can I get bored and plateau when there are so many to chose from?

There's also a section on nutrition, and recipes from her blog are provided.  I'm not really looking to do HIIT to lose weight, but there are some recipes I've tagged to try in the future.  Fish tacos, protein breakfast cookies, chicken... I really want to try the breakfast cookies, but I don't want to buy a huge thing of protein powder until after I move.  It would be just another thing for me to lug over to my new apartment.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, good luck with your move!
    These kind of exercise seem to be a fad with me and I can never stick with them! -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my PT wants me to do HIIT, I'm trying to be a good patient.

      Delete
  2. I have recently been hearing a lot of great things about HIIT. I haven't tried it, and don't know much about it other than what I have read, but seems like a lot of people are like you and really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's new, so there's the novelty, but I'm finding it's a very good workout. It gets my heart rate up so not only am I strength training, I'm also doing cardio.

      Delete