Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Traditions

Friday 5 with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?! is Christmas traditions.


I love Christmas traditions, but some of them have fallen by the wayside in the last few years.  The family's living in different places, but we are fortunate enough to spend Christmas together since I have 2 weeks off from work.  Some things are the same, and the familiarity it very nice.

1) Watch Muppet Christmas Carol while putting up my tree on Black Friday.

2) Watch Muppet Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve.  Yes, I watch it twice every year.

3) Champagne toast Christmas Eve.

4) Open presents while still wearing PJs.  I'm going to bring this one back this year since we'll actually be able to have a Christmas morning without having to rush out of the house for a 3-hour drive.

5) Have a standing rib roast for Christmas dinner.  This one's been moved around a bit with family stuff, but we're having it this year on Christmas.  My grandfather and I will probably be at the same end of the table, guarding that roast.

10 comments:

  1. I never saw Muppet Christmas Carol. I always watch Elf and Christmas Story more than once though. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Elf today. I think my Christmas movie list is covered now.

      Delete
  2. I'm a White Christmas, Its a Wonderful Life and original Miracle on 34th street movie watcher for the day or two before Christmas I just love the classics. However, thanks to that channel that airs A Chrismas Story over and over during Chrismas Eve and Day, I always seem to catch that one each year to, LOL
    Have a great Christmas, and I love #5 have a fun time with your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Christmas Story is one I've never seen.

      Delete
  3. Love the Muppets! Such a great idea to watch it every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I know there are better adaptations, but Muppets is my favorite.

      Delete
  4. oh yes to opening presents in pjs! it's just the way it should be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, which is why I'll insist this year. We've had to be up and at 'em so early the past few years.

      Delete
  5. A rib roast for Christmas diner sounds awesome! I love hearing all of the different Christmas meals, so many fun different things that everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is :) I was sick one Christmas and couldn't enjoy it.

      Delete