Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas Favorites

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!


Today's theme is favorites.  That leaves the door open for just about anything, so here goes:

1) If you're a regular reader, you know I busted out the Christmas music before Thanksgiving this year.  It was 20 degrees when I drove into work that day, and it just felt right to put on Holly Jolly Christmas.  Now I can listen to it whenever I want.

2) Christmas shows: the local channels are showing Charlie Brown and Rudolph, and other movies.  Since I have those on DVD, I use those and skip the TV commercials.  I grew up on a recorded VHS from a TV Charlie Brown, and it wasn't until I got the DVD when I realized some small segments were cut for time.

3) Speaking of which, anybody busted out Christmas movies yet?  I watched Muppet Christmas Carol last Friday and am waiting on the original Miracle on 34th Street from Netflix.  After that of course is Love Actually, another Christmas Carol (well two when you count Mickey's version), and the Holiday.  As I mentioned last year, I can't stand It's a Wonderful Life, and I found some coworkers who feel the same way I do about it.  George Bailey just whines throughout the whole movie.

4) Since it's Christmas, I can wear my candy cane charm from Tiffany's.  Today I'm wearing that, snowflake earrings, and I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt at work.  Thank you Texas.

5) If anyone was guessing a week before the tree came down, y'all would be correct.  Allie knocked it over a little before 5am this morning.  It's standing again, so we're onto round 2.

8 comments:

  1. I listen to Christmas music obsessively starting before Thanksgiving and hate when it's gone. I'm not crazy about It's A Wonderful Life either (somewhat depressing) but do think everyone needs an "It's A Wonderful Life" moment now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end is good, but that means I have to watch the whole movie. When my parents watch it, I listen until the movie's where I want to watch.

      Delete
  2. LOL, that is funny about the tree I was hoping she'd leave it alone for ya:)
    Oh Christmas movies, I actually love the Hallmark Channel this time of year, I watched a few good ones last weekend. I am saving the classic's, White Christmas, Wonderful Life, and Miracle on 34th for a little closer to Christmas when I can sit back in my PJ's sip on Eggnog and veg out in holiday treats, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have my staples. Love Actually, the Santa Clause, I watch Elf when it's on Family Channel.

      Delete
  3. I love this time of year when all the Christmas movies are on. I wish I could wear a short sleeve shirt right now...so jealous. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been humid today so no way I needed a sweater. I just found it amusing that I'm wearing Christmas jewelry but not Christmas clothing.

      Delete
  4. I'm ready now for all the Christmas shows, movies, and music. READY! Love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm saving certain movies that I own until the week of Christmas. If I get movies through Netflix, I'll watch when I get them.

      Delete