Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!
Today's theme is favorites. That leaves the door open for just about anything, so here goes:
1) If you're a regular reader, you know I busted out the Christmas music before Thanksgiving this year. It was 20 degrees when I drove into work that day, and it just felt right to put on Holly Jolly Christmas. Now I can listen to it whenever I want.
2) Christmas shows: the local channels are showing Charlie Brown and Rudolph, and other movies. Since I have those on DVD, I use those and skip the TV commercials. I grew up on a recorded VHS from a TV Charlie Brown, and it wasn't until I got the DVD when I realized some small segments were cut for time.
3) Speaking of which, anybody busted out Christmas movies yet? I watched Muppet Christmas Carol last Friday and am waiting on the original Miracle on 34th Street from Netflix. After that of course is Love Actually, another Christmas Carol (well two when you count Mickey's version), and the Holiday. As I mentioned last year, I can't stand It's a Wonderful Life, and I found some coworkers who feel the same way I do about it. George Bailey just whines throughout the whole movie.
4) Since it's Christmas, I can wear my candy cane charm from Tiffany's. Today I'm wearing that, snowflake earrings, and I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt at work. Thank you Texas.
5) If anyone was guessing a week before the tree came down, y'all would be correct. Allie knocked it over a little before 5am this morning. It's standing again, so we're onto round 2.