Ever since I started doing yoga to control my stress issues last November, I've tried to be good and do yoga on a daily basis. I fell off the wagon just a little bit over my Christmas vacation, and I certainly felt all those stress issues. Now, I feel like I have this in my routine, and will do yoga around 8:30 each evening to get ready for bed. Whether I'm doing stress relief or a good stretching session, I get away from my phone and social media, and can think about sleep.
Here are the 5 instructors I've been following:
1) Ashley Turner - I've had this DVD for years, and only did it on occasion. Now it's been my go-to for stress release. It also has a good stretching session too.
2) Yoga for Adrienne - I'm definitely taking advantage of Youtube with this. Adrienne has a number of routines for anxiety, stress, or just calming the nerves.
3) Rodney Yee - not necessarily for stress, but he has some good flowing yoga routines.
4) Five Parks Yoga - this is one of the newer lists I've been working on. My hips felt quite tight after my run on Tuesday, and I used this video to help loosen them up. I have to say they felt much better in the morning.
5) Nadia Narain - this is my most recent purchase, as in, it came yesterday (Wednesday). Tonight was the first time I got to try one of the programs. There are 3 programs, and I can't wait to try the other two.
As with my running, I've realized the challenging poses aren't for me, but there are other types of yoga I can do.
Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.