Sunday, November 5, 2017

Monday Musings 11/6

Did we all remember to fall back an hour?  I swear today has been the longest day.  I'm writing this at 5 my time, and I feel like I need to start cooking dinner.  I know the bright side will be the light I get when driving into work.  But I also know the light I'm looking at right now will make the days shorter :-/


I did my last long run on Saturday, 4 miles total.  Only two more runs before I'm on a plane, flying to Vegas.  I did decide to get a rental since the SLS has a garage for guests, and that'll give me some flexibility to get to places off of the strip.  Like the chocolate factory.  That's important.

After my run, I headed to Target for my bulk groceries, and yes, they have their Christmas "Wondershop" up.  I did head in because I was wondering if Ghirardelli has their peppermint bark out, but I didn't see it.  What I did see is something I'm really tempted to get later this month.  A Christmas llama!  Look at the socks!  It's adorable, and I have to have it.


I wrapped up Saturday with more yoga for stress release.  If this is helping me sleep, then I'll continue doing it.


Sunday was a very long day.  Who knew one extra hour would make the day seem like it was taking forever.  It certainly was a veg-out type day.  I watched the NYC marathon (yay Shalane!!), and finished up my errands with a run to Sprouts, and the gas station.  I don't know if Allie felt the time change, or it could've been my mood, but we spent a lot of time snuggling.  We even napped together, and the girl was snoring.


Also, a special shout out to my chiropractor who ran NYC.  I see her Wednesday for one last appointment before my race, and I can't wait to ask her about it.


****

Monday: Pure Barre lower body and core; yoga for stress release

Tuesday: 2 miles

Wednesday: Pure Barre total body; yoga for stress release w/ Adriene

Thursday: 2 miles treadmill; yoga for stress release

Friday: Yoga for stress and anxiety, w/ Adriene

Saturday: 4 miles, yoga for stress release

Sunday: pre-hab exercises, ab work


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

26 comments:

  1. It did feel kind of like a long day but at 7:11 my time, I'm ready for bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was mostly thinking I should be eating dinner at 5. That is too early.

      Delete
  2. My day didn't feel any longer than usual, but I did sleep in later than usual LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had slept later. I slept until 7 DST, but I stayed in bed a bit longer.

      Delete
  3. I totally forgot about day light savings time. No wonder I got up way earlier than I usually do. It was a rainy and gloomy day here too, so perfect for lounging and watching the marathon on television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't gloomy, but I just lacked motivation in general.

      Delete
  4. Today did feel like a very long day! It always takes me a few days to get adjusted to the time change.

    I was able to spectate the NYC Marathon today and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It usually takes me a couple days, but I seemed to adjust after Sunday this time around.

      Delete
  5. I cannot believe that the Christmas displays are already popping up. At some point they're going to stay up all 12 months of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some stores don't even put them away. They may hide them, but then bam! they're out before Halloween.

      Delete
  6. Yesterday did seem like a long day! I got so much done, though,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get some chores done, so I wasn't a total slug.

      Delete
  7. Yesterday did feel like a long day, but I got lots of things done so that's nice. Aw, your cat is too cute! My dog snores sometimes when she sleeps too and it's the cutest thing ever!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great week! I love cuddle time with kitties:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Allie knows when I'm watching something and won't move for a while. She comes in and stays.

      Delete
  9. The time change definitely made yesterday feel weird. I like the extra light in the mornings but I know it will be hard to leave work in the dark. How exciting that your race is so soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I leave early enough from work I still have sunlight, but the angle of the sun is definitely depressing.

      Delete
  10. It's such a shock for a few days to see how early it is when the sun goes down. Watching Shalane win was fantastic. Good luck in Vegas. I hate to miss it. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to have fun on this trip :)

      Delete
  11. Great job with your workouts! Getting an extra hour of sleep is the best...that's my favorite day of the year lol.
    How funny is that Christmas Llama?? Best decoration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do want to get it after I get back from my trip. It's just a fun decoration.

      Delete
  12. That llama is too funny!! You'll have to share a picture of it set up if you decide to get it! I'm with you on the time change. I kinda wish we just wouldn't do it all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in Arizona as a kid, and they don't do it. I didn't understand it when we moved to another state.

      Delete
  13. I don't really feel the time change effects me all that much, other than I was basically up my usual time and stayed in bed (not sleeping) because by the clock it was too early!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't want to get up either.

      Delete