Thursday, November 2, 2017

Halloween 2017

It's now November, but was Halloween for y'all?  I was super excited this year since I was living in apartments for Halloween 2009-2016.  I mentioned I went overboard on the candy, but Target's deals sucked me in this year.  I had to use two bowls since I didn't have one big enough to hold everything.  I separated the nuts from the non-nuts.


Overall it was a fun night.  When I got home from work, I did a quick two miles around the neighborhood.  I figured 4:30 was too early to start trick or treating, but I wanted to be home for the little ones.  I know they're out first since they usually go to bed early.


I had my Evil Queen pumpkin, and my mom had brought down luminaries for me to use.  They don't have kids in their mountain neighborhood, and I love these luminaries.  Next year though I need a light stick so I don't have to play with matches.  Lighting the candles was a little tricky with Tuesday's wind.


I'd say I had a successful night for a new neighborhood.  6 groups, and I saw princesses, baseball players, a couple Harley Quinns, a Kylo-Ren, a mummy, a ninja, and two Oompa Loompas, who sang for their candy.  I figured their group was the last of the night, and I said all the kids could take extra candy.  They were creative!

And I did have quite a bit of candy leftover.  I brought it into work and put "free candy" on the bag before leaving it in the kitchen.  It was gone before the end of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! The Oompa Loompas who sang for their candy sound great :) We had a pretty good turn out to. We had a lot of leftover candy as well (we didn't have enough last year so went a bit overboard) and Mike took it to work to be finished off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely went overboard, but I'm sure my coworkers appreciated it.

      Delete