Monday, October 30, 2017

Monday Musings 10/30

Good morning.  I won't say it's a good Monday since we're getting freezing drizzle.  It's hard to know what the streets look like when it's pitch dark when I'm driving in.  Less than one week and we fall back an hour.  Then I'll head to be at 8:30... yay?


The weekend was low key, and I enjoyed it.  I'm dealing with some side effects from stress, probably from work.  I got back into running, and hopefully won't miss any more runs before Vegas.  I should actually get my treadmill tomorrow, so that'll give me options for next week.  The sun is currently setting around 6, which means once we get the time change, the sun will be setting around 5.  If that means my last two runs are inside, so be it.  I don't have any reflecting clothes, no blinkers, and no headlamp.

Which going off on a tangent... driving out of my neighborhood today I could barely see one of the residents, who was in the middle of my lane, walking her dogs.  With very little light from the street lamp, misting, and her not wearing any lights, I almost yelled at her.  She should be on the sidewalk if she doesn't have any safety lights!

Saturday I carved my pumpkin while watching a Halloween movie.  I had to take breaks because it'd been years since I carved a pumpkin, and my hand kept cramping.  I had help carving, as always.


My parents have a Disney villains carving kit, and I carved the Evil Queen.


I hope once it's outside in the dark, the light will make the pattern stand out more.  I got fake candles from Michael's this weekend, which weren't easy to find.  They've switched over to Christmas already.  I understand Thanksgiving is like the black sheep of the holidays, but seeing Christmas decor on 10/28 is too much.

*****

Monday: Pure Barre lower body

Tuesday: light weight exercises

Wednesday: Pre-hab exercises

Thursday: light weigth exercises

Friday: total rest

Saturday: 3 miles, 10-minute combo Pure Barre seat/abs

Sunday: Pure Barre upper body, seat

Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

20 comments:

  1. I love that Evil Queen pumpkin, so cool! And it drives me nuts when people are in the middle of the street without being visible. I generally only see it when people are crossing the street but still!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Runners talk about safety in the dark, and I wish other people would do the same.

      Delete
  2. We have a couple that dresses in black and walks around in the dark. It's an accident waiting to happen. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkin looks great! Thats so scary that your neighbor was in the middle of the street with no lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In freezing drizzle. I almost didn't see her.

      Delete
  4. That is a great pumpkin. Even if it is a stencil, I couldn't do it that good. I hate seeing Christmas decorations out too before Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! At least let me enjoy Halloween first.

      Delete
  5. Super creative with the pumpkin!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the villains carving kit.

      Delete
  6. ohh! I'm excited for you to get your new treadmill. One of these days I want to redo our basement and turn it in to a home gym.
    Love your pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It arrived! I can't wait to use it. Probably next week.

      Delete
  7. I've never been a good pumpkin carver! Nice job. I wish I could stay out of all of the stores so I would't have to see the too early Christmas decor. I hope you have a stress free week! Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most stores still had Halloween, even though I'm sure Target was waiting. The Christmas stuff was hidden behind the Halloween aisles.

      Delete
  8. Since I'm the resident art geek (at least when the kids were young), I've always been the carver and the hubby has been the (icky) scooper-outer LOL Many a Halloween, I had nasty achy wrists (after carving three pumpkins none the less). It wasn't until a few years ago (as the kids were pretty much done with the jack O'lantern thing), that we figured out to use the hubby's jigsaw (duh!). I still drew the pattern on with a pen, and he just had to follow the lines with the saw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's a carving tool that's battery powered. I need to find it since all I would have to do is guide it.

      Delete
  9. That pumpkin looks too cool! Well done!
    Your neighbour should not be walking her dogs with no lights/reflectors or something. That's so dangerous for her and everyone! Ggrrr. I would have been so mad also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks on the pumpkin. It took a while to carve, but I liked it.

      Delete