Tuesday, October 31, 2017

10K Confirmation

After getting home and doing some stretching, then another 10-minute Pure Barre segment, this time for thighs and seat, I opened my email to see this:


EEEKK!  It's almost here!  I waited until I got to work this morning to print it off, and I have bib #46126.  I do have a slower projected finish time than what I've been training for, but that's OK.  I based it off my BolderBoulder time, which I hope to better.  Training's gone well, even if I did skip both weekday runs last week.

October has been a good month for running though.  I hit both my 5-miler and 6-miler successfully, and I hope that can carry over for race day.  Race day is always the unknown factor.  I know I have to be careful with what I eat and drink, and this will be my first afternoon race.  I'm sure I'll be sticking with simple foods, but it is Vegas, and I don't want to be a party pooper too much.

Source

I can't believe there are only two months left of the year.  Halloween, then my race, then Thanksgiving...


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.

18 comments:

  1. Yay, I can't believe it's so close! Have fun in Vegas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it's almost here either, but I'm excited.

      Delete
  2. Exciting! I don't know about the 10k, but I know the half is a hard race to PR simply because there are so many running it (and so many in it just to party, really).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to just be able to better my time from the 10k. I've had a better training round, and hope that shows in the race.

      Delete
  3. Exciting! Now I have to go look for mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got an email out of the blue. Another moment of excitement.

      Delete
  4. Thats exciting! This year really has gone so fast and I cant believe its almost over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I felt November was a ways away when I signed up.

      Delete
  5. I am a party pooper...

    Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, but you have a legitimate reason :(

      Delete
  6. I hope you have a blast in Vegas! I can't wait to read all about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's good. I want to explore, but not too much, to save my legs.

      Delete
  7. It is almost here. I bet you are getting so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's getting so close, how exciting! I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope so. My main goal is still to have fun.

      Delete
  9. I can feel your excitement all the way from here! What a fun race I think that one is going to be!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's my first night race, and it's Vegas.

      Delete