Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Wrapping Up July

It's August y'all.  This is how I feel this morning.


I made it!  My Garmin shipped yesterday so I'll be stalking the tracking number.  I'm excited to get it and figure out the new features, and figure out how to set up features I know, like my intervals.

Since last Tuesday was a little too early for me to recap my July, I'll do it today.  There were 2 weeks in which I only had one run, but that's OK.  It was a busy month, and July was simply meant for getting back into cardio.  I did 19.25 miles total, and I hope to get more in August since it won't be as hectic, and I have a new Garmin to use :-)

Plus I have the Color Run to look forward to.

I don't have any set plan for August, just to get to the gym more and get a good schedule going before training kicks off after Labor Day.  I need to get more biking in there, as cross training, instead of just using my strength training as cross training.  The plan I'll be consulting has cross training and strength training as separate categories.

So welcome, August. 


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.

16 comments:

  1. August is not my favorite due to the back to school thing but I'd better make the most of it with the Berlin Marathon breathing down my neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the way the year has sped by, Berlin will be here soon enough.

      Delete
  2. It's so hard to get it all in. Good luck with the Garmin! There's almost always a learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to get a new running gadget.

      Delete
  3. I had such a great July but boom! August starts off with me on the couch. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there. Do you think it's the weather? I know we're having hints of fall and my allergies are crazy.

      Delete
  4. How did August get here so quickly??? August always feels like a short month because it's a rush to get everything done and ready for the new school year...and it's our last "first day of school" this year.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally August is slow to get here for me, with the Texas heat. The Colorado summer hasn't been that bad, and I've been kept busy.

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoy your Garmin. New gadgets are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! It'll take a little bit of learning the new features, but I'm excited.

      Delete
  6. I can't believe that it's already August! And I hear you, it's so hard to keep everything going when you're busy. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love to sleep. I can't function without my sleep.

      Delete
  7. It's crazy that it's already August. Have fun with the new Garmin! I love going out for that first run with new gear :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm kind of excited about August because I go back to work. I may moan and groan about it but I am looking forward to a set of new kids and a new classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moaned and groaned when school was approaching, but I did enjoy going back and seeing my friends.

      Delete