Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tuesdays on the Run: Running Items for Non-running Things

Running gear and accessories can be incredibly versatile.  My favorite lately has been running capris, although it's been a little too warm for that in the Colorado summer.  Certainly not as bad as the Texas summer, but I can't wait until I can wear capris more frequently.  I started the year with only 2 pairs, but I was sent a pair from Skechers, and I bought a pair from Oiselle over the weekend.  I'd gone online to look at ordering another pair of Roga shorts, and saw the capris I've been wanting for a while was the flash sale item of the day.  I got them for $28!  So pair #4 is on its way.


What I like about the capris is they're great to lounge in after work, and if I'm struggling to get a workout going, I can wear them until I'm ready.  I was exhausted after I got home from work yesterday, and I didn't start my strength training until later in the afternoon.  At least I got to be comfortable while I gathered up my motivation.

The other item I use outside of running is Body Glide.  Anybody else do this?  If I'm wearing a dress, I'll use Body Glide, and if I'm wearing a fitted camisole under a shirt, I'll use Body Glide too.  My sports bras and fitted camisoles will chafe the same area, if I do get chafing, and Body Glide works just as well with both.


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.

17 comments:

  1. I never thought of using body glide for "every day" clothes chaffing! I only wear my capris for running or to the gym because they attract dog hair like crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully my capris seem to repel cat hair, but I have a pair of Nike pants that attract it.

      Delete
  2. I wear capris alot too! They're perfect for all kinds of workouts and for lounging around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! It has been warm, but on those cooler evenings, capris are great.

      Delete
  3. I almost always wear capris to run in now. I absolutely love the cute stitch work on those, I may have to get them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they end up being what I want. I love the stitch work too.

      Delete
  4. That's interesting non-running use of the Body Glide.

    I have the same capris that I thought I would like but don't. They're size 8 still in tags if you want to buy them from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear a different size, but thanks.

      Delete
  5. Body Glide is always the bomb! And I live in capris - my favorites are the Saucony Bullets with side pockets. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Skechers has pockets! I haven't used them on a run but I have used them for strength training.

      Delete
  6. I pretty much live in capri and other running clothes-can you ever have too many?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finding the answer is no, never too many.

      Delete
  7. That's interesting about the Body Glide. I don't think I've ever had chafing outside of running.

    Since I don't work, I'm living in my running clothes a lot this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I do, it's compression clothes, on my torso. Once I figured out Body Glide helps with regular clothes, I've been better.

      Delete
  8. What a great find on the leggings! I love them too...they are so comfortable! :) I don't use body glide outside of running normally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't check their website too much, but I was lucky finding those. I didn't end up buying any shorts though.

      Delete
  9. I definitely wear plain running capris when I travel - sorry United, you can't kick me off for wearing leggings when I've paid for my ticker! I've also started wearing longer leggings to yoga to have better "grip" for some of the more tricky poses - otherwise my legs are too sweaty and slippery. :-O

    ReplyDelete