Sunday, July 2, 2017

Monday Musings 7/3

Happy Monday!  Anybody have today off?  I have a feeling today is going to be very quiet at work, but I can use that time to start prepping a little bit to get reports ready.   July is a quarterly reporting month, after June month-end is complete, and after last week was constantly busy from Tuesday through Friday, I hope I can take advantage of the quiet.

This weekend was low key, but it's what I wanted.  After a 4-day weekend out of town, and busy at work, I was looking forward to not having much to do.  I needed to recharge after the week, and this picture is a good reflection of my weekend.


I started my weekend by first stopping by the running store I went to on Wednesday to return the Mizuno Enigmas.  Things weren't getting better, and I didn't even want to try them on a treadmill run.   I should look forward to testing out my new shoes, and these didn't feel good at all.  There was no sense in trying to get them to feel better.  I always feel bad whenever I have to return shoes, and the sales people apologize.  It's not their fault the shoes didn't work out.

Friday evening was spent watching my second favorite movie.  Daniel Day Lewis announced he's retiring from acting, and I love the Last of the Mohicans.  I've only seen DDL in two other movies, Gangs of New York and Lincoln, but Mohicans is by far my favorite of those 3.  Top two overall of all movies I've seen.


I went back to Boulder Saturday morning, to Boulder Running Company.  I think I should've gone here before.  The other store didn't have any of the shoes I wanted to look at in stock, but BRC did.  I tried on the New Balance 860v7's, and the Mizuno Inspires.  Both shoes felt really good, but the 860s had a little something that decided they were for me, so I'm staying with the 860s for now.  The 6's were great for Bolder Boulder training, and I hope the 7's are good for Vegas training.  Since I'd already done my run on Saturday, I'm looking forward to another treadmill run on Tuesday.

Speaking of my run Saturday... it was ugly.  My first run after I take a break is always ugly, and I'd taken slightly more than a month off.  1.5 miles was all I could do, but I hope it's out of my system, and that Tuesday's run will be better.  They usually are.  I need to shed any rust during that first run, so it's usually short (but not sweet).


Sunday was generally a lazy day.  I slept until 7!, then finished up my errands.  I didn't do strength training since I'd done a good version Saturday afternoon, and I was a little sore Sunday morning.  DOMS started settling in during the afternoon, which is always a kinda good feeling.  It means I did something, but I still have to deal with the soreness.

I did celebrate a little bit this weekend too.  Since I made it to fiscal year end, I also realized I passed my 6-month mark on the 27th.  I started my job at CU December 27th.  It doesn't feel like 6 months have passed, but as I Friday, we are halfway through 2017.


Coppola makes their sparkling Sofia in bottles and cans, and I love the cans.  They're single serving and perfect when I want a little bit, but not a whole bottle.  Champagne bottles don't seal like regular wine does.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up, with guest host Kim at Running on the Fly.

18 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that those Mizunos didn't work out :( Testing out running sneakers is such trial and error, but when you find a great pair, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was that pair since the Mizuno Inspire felt good.

      Delete
  2. I took Monday off just because. :-) Well, partially because of the holiday but mostly because I just wanted the day off and a 4-day weekend. LOL.

    Congrats on 6-months and making it through end of the fiscal year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should've taken Monday off, or at least the afternoon. I had one whole email to take care of.

      Delete
  3. I hope the new shoes work out well! It's always exciting doing that first run in new kicks ;-) AS you may know, I'm embarking on a forced running sabbatical this summer...I'm already scared what that first run will feel like when I'm allowed to head back out. UGH. Best wishes for a great training season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just take it slow and let the rust fall off. I had my first one with my new sneakers and it felt good.

      Delete
  4. Too bad those shoes did not work out. It is a pain when you have to keep trying them over and over until you find something that works for you. Hopefully the NB are the ones for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NB worked last time, so I'm hoping these models are just as good.

      Delete
  5. Wow, 6 months already! New shoes are super cute -- hopefully super comfy, too

    I've been enjoying several low key weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes on comfy. I can feel the new cushion.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on 6 months at your job, I just hit 9 years at my place last Friday! I wish I was off work, but I decided not to take vacay and save it for later in the year.

    And I didn't hear that Daniel Day Lewis is retiring. I fell asleep watching Lincoln a couple of years ago, lol!

    I've worn those New Balances, they are great! I'm a little nervous about running today since it's been several days since I've been out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at 7 at my last place before I moved. I have a ways to go to back to that.

      Delete
  7. Glad you figured out the shoe situation! I also had to work today but it was nice and quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monday afternoon was a little too quiet.

      Delete
  8. I keep feeling lucky that Asics doesn't mess too much with my Gel Nimbus. They tweak things, but I haven't had any issues with any of the tweaks. I hope you find the right shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ASICS has done way too much to mess with the GT 2000s. I wore their predecessor and loved them. Not so with the GTs.

      Delete
  9. Wow, it's already been six months! Congrats!! So glad the shoe stuff is sorted out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly doesn't feel like six months.

      Delete