Sunday, July 16, 2017

Monday Musings 7/17

Happy Monday y'all, and I hope those who ran RnR Chicago has good races!  Last week was really busy at work, but I somehow stayed awake for all of Hamlet, and then Saturday was my cousin's wedding shower.  They're getting married in October, and I already have a dress.  It's the same dress I wore for a friend's wedding reception two years ago, on Halloween.

For the wedding shower, I went with Stitch Fix.  Even though my most recent box wasn't successful at all, two boxes ago had the dress I wore, plus a maxi dress.  I wore the maxi to Hamlet, and wore this dress to the shower.  It's really light, and perfect for summer.  I even wore it to work a few weeks ago as a test run.  I even straightened my hair, which isn't something I do often anymore.  I've needed a new straightener since my old one died, but a $25 one suits me perfectly.


Sunday was a low key day.  My parents and I went to the Snooze location in Westminster, which opened at the end of June.  We had been going to the Boulder location, but Snooze is slowly adding more locations.  This location is about 15 minutes from home, and I had a pancake flight.  Sweet potato pancake, pineapple upside-down pancake, and blueberry Danish pancake.  Sometimes I can finish the flight, sometimes not, but not much is left if I can't.  I had small pieces left, this time but I was quite full, with a pancake baby.   Totally worth it.


My parents left after breakfast, so I finished my grocery shopping, and watched some movies.  I'd gotten the Mummy from Netflix, and I ordered Tarzan from Amazon, along with another movie and the 5th season of Rizzoli and Isles.  I didn't run this weekend, but I did strength training Sunday.  I followed a video from Fitness Blender, and then some of my PT exercises.  My chiro stressed to keep doing those exercises, which is what I've been doing anyway.  I know the importance all too well of continuing those.

I'm not ready for the work week yet, but this week should be more calm than last week.  I got my first batch of reports in, and I have the rest of the month for the second batch.  I hope things will settle and I won't be as stressed.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up, with guest host Janelle at Run With No Regrets.

22 comments:

  1. Like you, I'm not ready for the work week up ahead! I know it's going to be super busy so I'm just bracing myself! Why do weekends go so fast? LoL

    I love the dress that you got from StitchFix. I've heard mixed things about the boxes but it looks like you definitely scored a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was from two boxes ago. The most recent one was a dud, but I have kept a couple pieces from all previous boxes.

      Delete
  2. You look so nice in your dress! I just love my Stitch Fix. My stylist is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had asked for a dress for the wedding shower, and this one is fantastic. I can wear it at work too.

      Delete
  3. ooooh, those pancakes! I'm a carb-glutton, and LOVE pancakes! Your dress looks great ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved pancakes, and the pancake flights at Snooze are perfect.

      Delete
  4. Really cute dress! I've never tried stitch fix before but it sounds like my kind of shopping - hassel free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hassle free, and I haven't liked what I've seen in stores.

      Delete
  5. I've heard great things about Stitch Fix but haven't joined. That dress is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really comfortable too. That's important to me, and it looks good.

      Delete
  6. That dress is beautiful! I hardly ever straighten my hair in the summer cus it's too hot to use the hair dryer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let my hair air dry, but I was feeling a bit warm when I was done straightening my hair. I needed the AC a little bit.

      Delete
  7. Pancake flights are the best invention ever, they look so good! Totally worth it, haha!

    That's a really cute dress! I should probably join Stitch Fix to give me an excuse to finally get new clothes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I joined. I didn't like what was in stores, and I needed more pieces for work as I retired other pieces.

      Delete
  8. Just found you over on Wendy's site, love finding other colorado bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live near Boulder and work in Boulder. I'm loving it.

      Delete
  9. I need a pancake flight! I've never heard of this. I wore my entire Stitch Fix Box on vacay. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're perfect, and bonus! I can get different flavors.

      Delete
  10. Love the dress!

    Sadly, I could definitely eat all the pancakes (but I wouldn't). The joys of being vertically challenged (and older).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't go to Snooze often, but I normally almost eat it all, or I do eat it all.

      Delete
  11. That pancake flight looks so good!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Snooze pancakes are amazing.

      Delete