Sunday, July 9, 2017

Monday Musings 7/10

Another week.  After today, my month is going to be super busy with quarterly reporting to sponsors. I have reports due this Friday, and then the next batch is due by the end of July.

This weekend was spent with naps since I was still tired after last week.  I don't know if the holiday on Tuesday threw me off, but the week did feel weird.  I spent Saturday strength training since I had a window tech coming to look at a couple windows that needed to be fixed, and then I was on the treadmill again on Sunday.  I've gotten back into my schedule, but I'm not doing much beyond 2/2.5 miles to work on my speed.


I have an impromptu race at the end of August!  My cousin's fiancee is putting together a team for the Color Run - Denver, and my mom and I have signed up.  I think my uncle and aunt have signed up too.  The race is a couple weeks before training starts, and I'd like to use it as a way to gauge how my work this summer will have gone.



Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up, with guest host Christine at Into the Glimmer.

22 comments:

  1. I think the holiday made the week feel "off" for all of us, lol.

    That's so cool that you are doing a color run! I've always wanted to do one but the date never worked out. I've heard that they are super fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted to try a fun run like this. Perfect reason!

      Delete
  2. I have only done one Color Run, and it was a bust for me. One of my friends had to no-show, and the other brought her daughter (in the stroller), so I was kind of on my own. I bet it would be a much better experience with a group, though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do races at my own speed, but it'll be fun to meet up with family before and after the race.

      Delete
  3. I've never done The Color Run but I bet it's fun to do with family, I hope you enjoy! I'm so glad the holiday week is over, it was so awkward being on a Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like shortened weeks, but when it's in the middle, it's tough.

      Delete
  4. The color run sounds like a great race to do with your mom. They seem to be low pressure kind of races.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just fun! I'm thinking of wearing my Sparkle Skirt since that's a lot of blue.

      Delete
  5. The color run sounds like a fun family activity! Last week felt weird for me too with the holiday in the middle of hte week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just off for all 4 days I worked. Monday was super slow, and then I didn't know which day it was after the holiday.

      Delete
  6. I've never done a color run. I definitely think it would be fun to do with family and friends! Hang in there at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hesitate and said I'd love to do the run.

      Delete
  7. The color run should be fun! Glad you've been able to get back into your workout schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just in time too. Most of this month will be stressful, and I'll need to run to unwind.

      Delete
  8. I've never done a color run, but I've heard it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. The shirt design and medal are fun.

      Delete
  9. While I'm not a fan of alternative runs, running with the family sounds like a lot of fun! You're lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just fun. Something to do before fall training starts.

      Delete
  10. I've never done a Color Run but friends that I know have had fun in it. A friend of mine wanted me to do a Bubble Fun Run (or something like that) but I said no. Those are fun races but not my kind of races.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really think about color runs, but since my family is putting together the team, I thought why not. It should be fun.

      Delete
  11. The holiday on Tuesday definitely made last week feel off for me. I was all kinds of disoriented. I think I still am - yesterday I completely thought it was Wednesday all day. It was so bad, I actually logged into a meeting for Wednesday yesterday and it took me about 5 minutes to realize my mistake. Sigh. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely off last week. This week is much better, but last week I was off by at least a day. Friday was a welcomed sight!

      Delete