Friday, July 7, 2017

Free Friday Five

This has certainly been a strange week since I worked Monday, had a holiday Tuesday, and then 3 days for the rest of the work week.  I'm taking the Wednesday before Thanksgiving off, but I'm thinking if I do work before a big holiday, I may just come into the office in the morning and take the afternoon off.  I had one whole email that needed answering on Monday, and the afternoon was dead.

Happy Independence Day!
Tuesday I actually went to the mall (shocking!) since I needed more stuff from Bath and Body Works.  While there, I learned they're moving one of the scents I love, Tahiti Island Dream, out of stores and making it available only online.  Last time they did that, they eventually phased it out entirely :( I did find Love and Sunshine as something to try, and it reminded me more of summer.  I will order Tahiti Island Dream and try to stock up to last me a while.

There seems to be some drama for Run Disney out in Disneyland.  I know some readers love doing Run Disney races, but right now, they haven't been able to get permits for the Star Wars Light Side race, and the public registration was supposed to be March 13th.  Now Tink's getting in on this since registration for that weekend was supposed to be June 27th, and the website hasn't been updated with any 2018 information.  I thoroughly enjoyed doing Tink in 2016, and I hope RD and Anaheim can work things out.  It does seem to be just out in Disneyland since WDW races are up to date, and registrations are open, or sold out.  No surprise there since Walt Disney World is basically its own city.

I've started planking again.  I was only planking while going to Pure Barre classes, but since I've been using the PB DVDs I have, I've been skipping the planking section.  It's not my favorite, but I've been working on my core, and I know I need to do more.  I've worked up to anywhere between 45 seconds and a minute, and doing it a couple times a day.  Again, not my favorite, and I'm a little sore on my obliques.  Time to woman up and get those back in my circuit.


I'm also still working on the Rudolph ornaments, but now I only have one more to go.  I finished the Abominable Snowman this week!  The last one will be Santa holding the train toy from the Island of Misfit Toys.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

20 comments:

  1. How cute are those ornaments?! Great job!! Glad you had a good week! Monday was NOT slow for us at work! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're adorable. My family watches Rudolph every year and I had to stitch these.

      Delete
  2. I had the same work week as you...Tuesdays are very AWKWARD for a holiday, lol!

    I'm trying to focus more on my core as well. I'm a little sad to see how weak I've gotten.

    And wow, I love the ornament! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My front planking is still OK, but I found my side planking is a real challenge.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I only had two work days this week and they were pretty quiet. It's a nice chance to catch up on things :) Interesting about the Disneyland races. I had heard that the Star Wars light side race registration was delayed but I didn't realize the same thing happened with the Tinkerbell race too. That doesn't seem like a good sign :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't. I hope DL and Anaheim get things figured out because I loved Tink weekend.

      Delete
  4. I have friends that do the Star Wars race in DL and they were telling me how the registration was delayed. I didn't know why though. I also had no idea about Tink. I dont seem to be in the know when it comes to DL races!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm closer to DL now, being in Denver, but I do want to do Star Wars Light Side one year.

      Delete
  5. My husband likes going in on a holiday or right before sometimes -- since no one is there, he can actually get work done!

    I work on my core in various ways, but I don't plank every day. I like variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a variety of things, but I do have staples each day, core and glute exercises.

      Delete
  6. Totally understand what you mean! I worked from home on Monday because I knew it would be quiet and then I took Wednesday off from work to extend my holiday just a little bit. Working on Thursday and today felt odd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the 4th was on a Monday last year, I took that Friday off to have a 4-day weekend.

      Delete
  7. Nice work with the planking! This week was so busy for me, but alot of people were on vacation so it was hard to accomplish as much as I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traffic was nice. Friday traffic going home was almost non-existent, which was great.

      Delete
  8. Oh, Disney. I have so many thoughts about those races and I don't dare share them for fear of being attacked...but that's the old runner in me.

    Your ornaments are quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the Disney races I've done, but I am starting to turn to other series.

      Delete
  9. I have a friend anxiously awaiting to register for Tink. We're doing Princess together next year, and she's really hoping to go for that pink Coast to Coast. Hopefully things will get worked out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. Those races bring a lot of business for Anaheim.

      Delete
  10. Uh oh, I love Tahiti Island Dream! I may have to stock up before they phase it out! There was one fragrance I loved... Amber something. I loved the smell. But this was way back in college when they had that. I am pretty sure it's long gone now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed when they said they're phasing it out :( I like other scents, but I really like Tahiti.

      Delete