Thursday, July 27, 2017

3 Things Thursday and Friday Five

Two more days this week, then one more work day and it'll be August.  I can't wait to be done with July.  I know never wish time away, but July has been tough, and tougher than I thought.

I ended up having an anxiety attack Tuesday morning, despite feeling like I had things under control as I wrapped up this month.  That was scary, and my mom says to expect more as I get older.  I'll say it here, and I know I've said it before, getting older sucks.  When I think I have a handle on things and I'm almost done with the stress, my body tells me, oh bless your heart.

video

The good news Tuesday is RnR released the Las Vegas medals, and oh my lanta, it's gorgeous.  Two spinning pieces, and it glows.  The spinning pieces include a die inside a roulette wheel (both spin), and the numbers on the roulette wheel glow.  There's a circle above the roulette wheel circle, with diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs, and that glows too.  At the bottom is a skyline of Las Vegas.  O! M! G!

And building from Tuesday's post, I started putting in new songs/ taking out others to start building a playlist for Vegas.  I added one song each from Bon Jovi, Billy Joel, Journey, the Bangles, the Eagles, Aerosmith, Bruce Springsteen, and the Doors.  I already had Stevie Nicks and AC/DC.  I'm still looking, so if anyone has any suggestions...

****

Two more points for Friday five.  I'm on the struggle bus this morning, and in desperate need of the weekend.  Yesterday morning felt great!  We had storms move through Wednesday night, which we sorely needed, and it felt a little like fall when I got to work yesterday.  It's moments like that that make moving up from Texas worth it.  Late July and all of August are so hot and steamy, there's only a snowball's chance in Hell we'd get a cool, crisp morning.  The weatherman said it was humid, but what does he know?  I didn't feel any humidity.


I also finally! made it to the Chuy's location in Westminster.  My dad was here Tuesday for a doctor's appointment, and he was flying to Dallas Wednesday.  We went to Chuy's because I'd put it off long enough.  I love their food, and my favorite combo on the menu has a ground sirloin taco, two chicken flautas, two cheese enchiladas, and two tostadas drenched in queso.  We were there before happy hour ended so I have a frozen strawberry margarita. 


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great playlist!

    I wouldn't know about aging & anxiety attacks, as I'm not prone to that, but I know they can also start happening at any age.

    Aging really can suck, on so very many levels (speaking more from my dealings with my parents than on my own account -- so far, I'm *mostly* ok with aging).

    Medals are something RnR definitely does right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was really the first one I had, and that made it really scary. Now I know what it feels like and I know what to do.

      Delete
  2. Ugh, sorry it's been a hard month :( I hope August is better. And I saw those Vegas medals, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. August should be more calm, and I'm taking a couple vacation days.

      Delete
  3. I like the way the Vegas medals only have the numbers from the race distance too. You've got some great artists in your playlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the thought and detail on those medals.

      Delete
  4. I would eat anything drenched in queso. Yum! Your dinner sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, and the leftovers were good too.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you're feeling better. I think I'm just a little overwhelmed with all the things to do--but I'm not happy to see the month come to an end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my stuff was all due to July. Now that I'm through stuff, I'm looking forward to being calmer.

      Delete
  6. Your play list is gonna rock! I have most of the same artists on mine...Bon Jovi & AC/DC are the bomb! Do you have anything from One Republic? They have some great stuff. And the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No One Republic or Peppers, but I can see what iTunes has.

      Delete