Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Summer Gear

Summer is here, even in Colorado.  I know it was 52 when I woke up this morning, but that's the beauty of Colorado vs. Texas.  It cools off at night, and it isn't a steamy 87 when I leave for work before 7am.  We have had 2 days already of 90+ degrees, and poor Allie is adjusting.  I'm pulling brush fulls of fur out of her each day, and her fur is still flying around.

The key to summer is light clothing that breathes and wicks, and lighter colors.  I love how the Skechers tank top felt when I first wore it, but it's black, and I'm not going to be running outside in dark colors.  Gym, yes, and even in the gym, I need gear that breathes.  Those built-in treadmill fans don't really cool me off.

Since I'm also extremely pasty, I always recommend sun screen.  I know some woman run in sports bras without a shirt in the summer, but my body would sear, so I opt for the shirts.  I've been meaning to get more shirts with sleeves, but I didn't make much progress with that.  I only got one New Balance shirt, so I should get back to that.


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.

10 comments:

  1. YES to the sunscreen! That's definitely a must here as well. Oh yes, and lightweight clothing that breathes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of my shirts and tank tops are loose.

      Delete
  2. I used to run in just a bra top, back in the day before I had kids. Now, oh hell no is that happening1 LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not comfortable in just a sports bra, but add in the sunscreen I'd need too.

      Delete
  3. You're right those mills at the gym get very steamy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's not as bad as Texas, but gyms can get stuffy.

      Delete
  4. My kitties are shedding like crazy with this heat too! Remembering to do full coverage of sunscreen is so important with this weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may not like it, but hats definitely help too.

      Delete
  5. I'm with ya on the sunscreen, I let myself get way too darkly tanned by accident earlier this spring thinking I didn't need it for 1 hour a day, but I did. I don't mind a tan, but I'd like to keep my youth LOL
    I'm with ya on treadmill fans, I don't think they do much for cooling.
    I just left my parents up in northern Utah earlier this week and it snowed Monday, and I'm back in 107 on up to 115 they say by next week what a difference a few hours drive makes LOL, so your 87 sounds fabulous right now, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm heading up to the mountains next week, and my mom said there might be spots of snow in the shade. Snow is long gone on the Front Range.

      Delete