Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Planning for Vegas

Today's topic is scenes from my run, but since I haven't done any running since Memorial Day, a scenic picture would be of my couch.  I have been doing strength training, but in my living room so the picture would be very similar.  With the ever-present snuggler.


What I have done is bought my airfare for Las Vegas!  I'll be flying in Friday, and flying out Monday.  A quick turnaround, but with the race Sunday evening, I can have one last hoorah before flying home.  And shopping at the airport.  I'll be stocking up on Las Vegas chocolate, from Ethel M's, before my flight.  How many boxes do you think I could fit in a carry-on?  I'll have to be careful packing and leave enough room, which means no shopping at the expo.

I'm also excited because I'm taking a long weekend up in the mountains  at my parents' place starting Thursday.  June 30th is year-end, so there's extra stuff I'm going to have to do at work.  I figure a couple days in the mountains, and I can relax a little bit.  A little hiking and hitting up the restaurants, plus seeing a show.  Grand Lake has a great live theater group in the summer, and we'll be seeing Mamma Mia!


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.

20 comments:

  1. Yay for getting your Vegas flights! Trips always begin to seem real to me once the travel is taken care of. Have fun in the mountains :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have so much fun! A trip to the mountains sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting pretty hot on the front range, so mountain air will be great.

      Delete
  3. Mamma Mia is so fun!

    Love Ethel M. :) Although the Vegas expo is really great & I often do buy something there! At least it was the two times I did Vegas. In fact, best expo I've seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the movie Mamma Mia, but I've never seen the play.

      Delete
  4. Yay for being one step closer to having Vegas all planned! Trips always seem to feel more "real" once the plane tickets have been purchased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do. Thankfully, I don't need a hotel, but I'll need to coordinate other stuff.

      Delete
  5. Grand Lake! We were there last year! I wish I lived in Colorado. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous up there, and we'll do some hiking in RMNP.

      Delete
    2. We hiked to Cascade Falls from Grand Lake. Have you done that?

      Delete
    3. Don't know about Cascade but we've hiked Adams Falls

      Delete
  6. That sounds like an exciting trip!! I haven't heard of thee Ethel M chocolates before but they sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! We got them all the time when my family lived in Arizona.

      Delete
  7. Have a fun time in the mountains! I didn't realize that Ethels chocolates was such a big hit in Vegas or I would have tried some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good! Their factory is a few miles away from the strip

      Delete
  8. RnR Vegas is one of my favorite races ever! So much fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was excited when I saw you signed up for Vegas, I know you'll have a great time! I had no idea they had good chocolate though!

    And I hope you enjoy your time in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited too! First with registration and now with airfare.

      Delete