Sunday, June 4, 2017

Monday Musings 6/5

The Bolder Boulder is done, and we're in June.  Wait, what?  We're in the 6th month of the year?  How the heck did that happen???


This weekend was all about recovery.  I didn't do anything until Friday, when I started foam rolling and stretching again.  I'm thinking of scheduling a dry needling appointment to help my calves relax again, but I still haven't done any cardio or strength training.  It's nice to just "be" some weekends, and I definitely took advantage of that.  Both days I stayed in bed until 7 (!), which is a huge deal.


Saturday I finally got myself over to the movie theater and saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2.  I'm surprised it only took me a month, but with no training, I did most of my cleaning chores during the week.  I didn't have much to do at all Saturday, so I enjoyed the movie.  I'm thinking of seeing Wonder Woman next weekend.


Sunday I indulged in some Dunkin' Donuts munchkins, and I can't remember the last time I had anything from DD's.  I got a 50-count and basically snacked on them all day.

Up next is the RnR Las Vegas 10k.  It'll be my first RnR event, and maybe I can go after my 10k PR?  That's from back in 2011, when I did my very first 10k to get a qualifying time for my Princess Corral.  1:13:38, which I missed by less than a minute with Bolder Boulder.  I have time to recover, relax, and then get back into off-season training, which will be maintaining my base, working on a faster cadence, and continuing with my strength training.  Right now I'm not doing anything, and it's glorious.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up, with guest host Mary Beth at Tutus and Tennies.

18 comments:

  1. I stayed in bed way too long yesterday--7 am, which felt great, but when I went to run, it was already so hot! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to "sleep in", but warmer days are difficult.

      Delete
  2. Haha how many Munchkins did you eat? I hope I am impressed by the number! I'm glad you are relaxing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate about half the carton. I saved the rest and will finish them by the weekend.

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed some down time! If it's cool in Vegas like it was the last time I did RnR there, that's definitely a PR course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. BB wasn't bad but it wasn't flat either.

      Delete
  4. Its always nice to relax and recover after a big race! Im sure that you can get back to your PR time in your next 10k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have quite a few months to continue strength training and improving.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy that relax time- sounds like you are having fun! I am running RnR Vegas- it will be fun! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to relax after a long training cycle.

      Delete
  6. Taking a break is SO nice! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! I needed time off mentally and physically.

      Delete
  7. It's so nice to enjoy that time off after a race! I saw Wonder Woman over the weekend and really enjoyed it so I would recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

      Delete
  8. I'm a tad jealous that you'll be running RnR Las Vegas. Its on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on mine too. I've been wanting to do it since reading Fairytales n Fitness review of it.

      Delete
  9. I'll be in training until the end of October. It seems so, so daunting. But once October hits, I will literally be doing NOTHING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ready for a break, but I was also a little sad that it was over.

      Delete