Sunday, June 18, 2017

Monday Musings 6/19

What a week!  I was exhausted on Saturday, so not mud happened, but I did a little Pure Barre.  I was sore on Sunday, but the good kind of sore.

The weekend started great since I got my new Oiselle singlet.  This year they had various colors members could choose from when we renewed our membership.  My eye immediately went to this one, and it's beautiful!  *insert heart eyes emoji*


I think I'll wear this one for Vegas.  It reminds me of a desert sunset, so it'll fit in at Vegas.  I'll pack both singlets, but this one is gorgeous.

Allie started climbing the cabinets again.  It seems to be a summer activity.  She jumps from the counter top, to the top of the fridge, then the top of the cabinets.  I can't do too much about it, especially if she's doing it when I'm at work.



After Saturday was low key, Sunday was pretty busy.  I met my parents for brunch at Blue Sky Cafe in Lakewood, and then we picked up my grandfather for a get-together at Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies.  My grandfather loves golden retrievers, and they were having the meet up for their Turkey dog program.  They're working with a woman in Turkey who's working on rescuing stray goldens from the streets of Turkey.  They love golden puppies, but not the adults, so they turn the adults onto the streets and abandon them.  The woman is wonderful, and she's working with a number of rescue shelters in the US.  My mom sponsored one of the dogs, to help cover the costs of transportation, and the group arrived two Thursdays ago.  The dog my mom sponsored was adopted last Sunday, and is just a sweetheart.  We didn't see him before we left, but he was adopted by a longtime shelter volunteer who just fell in love with him.



Despite everything, the dogs are very sweet, and so energetic.  Most of them were running around the yard at the headquarters, then retreating to the shade.  I'd say there was somewhere between 20-30 dogs there.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up, with guest host Tara at Run and Live Happy.

20 comments:

  1. I love that singlet! The colors are so pretty! That is amazing what that woman in Turkey is doing! I love dogs and can't stand to think of them being mistreated. I think that is awesome that someone would work so hard to find them homes! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so great! She was there yesterday, and wanted pictures to take back to her shelter volunteers.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I will never understand why people abandon dogs. I'm glad they are finding them homes.
    I think that singlet will be perfect for Vegas, it does remind me of a desert sunset too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GRRR always has a waiting list, and they'll do great for the dogs.

      Delete
  3. What a cool program to be involved with. It makes me sad when people abandon pets on the streets. That singlet is gorgeous! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so happy Yasemin is over there, helping these dogs.

      Delete
  4. That Oiselle singlet is super cute! I love the colors.
    It breaks my heart when animals are abandoned :( So awesome that you and your mom are involved in that great program to find them homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom really wanted to take Remy home, but neither home has a yard, and we have cats.

      Delete
  5. I don't think I could work at a dog rescue--I'd want to rescue them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with being a foster failure. Some of the most recent dogs went home with their sponsors.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful shirt!

    Simba used to get up on cabinets that way (our cabinets are not open at top here, and it was ridiculously funny the one time he tried it).

    Gizmo was never really into it, but Mr. Judy checked the webcam while we were gone, and he was sitting on the counter staring at something every single day. He's not allowed on the counter . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She didn't do it at my apartment when I first got her, but she did it at the last one, and this weekend was her first time this summer.

      Delete
  7. That is a beautiful singlet! I love new running clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very excited to get it in the mail. The colors are better in person too.

      Delete
  8. That singlet is beautiful! My mom has had golden retrievers for years and has wanted another ever since hers passed. We have the "Good as Golden" rescue here. I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I'm sure we all would've walked away with a dog, if we could have.

      Delete
  9. Thats singlet is really nice! Thats funny that your cat jumps around on the cabinets, I guess theres not much you can do about it when your not home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, and she doesn't listen to me when I am home. Selective hearing.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I'm so excited! A night race, and the perfect singlet.

      Delete