Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday Musings 6/12

This was another week of rest, but this time around I had to force myself to take another week off.  I really got the itch about Tuesday to start up again, but I wanted to take 2 weeks off.  In total, I took 13 days off since I did strength on Sunday.  It felt like the right time.  I don't know yet when I want to start cardio again, but it could be this week as well.  I'll only do small mileage, but I'll get to work on my cadence.


Saturday another movie day, for Wonder Woman, and I cut it super close to showtime.  I got in my seat when the first trailer was running, but I could've taken more time since we got another 8 trailers, just like with Guardians 2.  This time, there was no Star Wars trailer, so this was 0 for 8 with movies I wanted to see.  Some of them were repeats from last week, and they're still a no.

Now part of me wants to know what the workout routine was for the Amazon actresses, because I'm a sucker for pain?  I'm always interested to see if it's something I could do, or incorporate some exercises into my trainer.  Obviously no horseback, or sword fighting, but what was the strength training?


Sunday was finishing up errands, and doing some more decorating.  My mom is in to quilting, and she made me one for Christmas.  Yes, it's taken me this long, but I was in a temporary place, so maybe 2 months in my new place.  I wanted to get a wooden dowel to help with hanging it, but I couldn't find one long enough.  I finally used tacks in the top corners and put it up in my room.  There's also a matching pillow.

I also put up some of the paintings I did in Texas, at the studio my friends and I would go to.  I have quite a few hanging in my office, but I still had some that I wanted to put up at home.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up, with guest host Kim at KookyRunner.

12 comments:

  1. Love the quilt!

    I saw WW too & loved it. I'm sure those women spent hours working out -- not interested -- and of course don't forget the stunt women!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen interviews about the hours working out. I'm curious what they did.

      Delete
  2. How did you like Wonder Woman? I heard that it was really great! I really love the quilt!

    Thanks for linking up for the Weekly Wrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it a lot. I don't buy a lot of DVDs anymore, with Netflix, but I'll buy this one.

      Delete
  3. I really want to see wonder woman too! Hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good choice to take plenty of time off after your race. Hopefully your body will be fully recovered when you're ready to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus new shoes. My current shoes are still good, but can be used in everyday stuff.

      Delete
  5. I've heard really good things about Wonder Woman. Did you enjoy it? Even if you didn't want to see any of the trailer? lol. Great job listening to your body and focusing on REST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I get antsy with movies I want to see so I hate the trailers, especially with how many there are now.

      Delete
  6. How was Wonder Woman? I've heard it's a must-see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go see it! It was a good storyline and some good plot twists.

      Delete