Thursday, June 29, 2017

A Couple Randoms

It's Thursday, and I can't wait for the weekend.  I've been really busy the last two days at work as we get to year-end, and I was really cranky yesterday because as always, people wait until the last minute to do stuff with their expenses, and want us to do it for them.  Umm, that's a no.  I have my own deadlines, my supervisors says to focus on getting my tasks done, and we don't do other departments' stuff.  Since I was cranky, I decided to stop by the running store on my way home, and get a new pair of shoes.  A little early, but since I have them now, I can test them out on Saturday.


The Mizuno Enigma.  I guess these run narrow because I was given a "wide" to try, but they don't look or feel wide to me.  They have more cushion, but the saleswoman said they have the same kind of support as the New Balance 860v6 has.  They didn't have the 860v7, which I did find strange.  They have an 860v6 that they have put on a mannequin earlier in the season, but they didn't feel new.  I didn't feel the new type of cushion you get with new shoes, and when I tried on the Enigmas, it was night and day. 

Yesterday was also the release of the t-shirt design for RnR Las Vegas.


I've noticed a lot of the shirt designs is this generic type, with only a slight difference for each city.  I'm rather "meh" on it, so I hope there are other designs available at the expo.  Now I'm just waiting on the medal design, which the website states will be released sometime in July.

8 comments:

  1. I have those exact enigmas. I got them only because of the supposed "extra cushion". I have to tell you that honestly I don't feel they are very "cushion-y". They feel very stiff. I wore them for my second marathon and my feet have never hurt so bad in my life! Now I still wear them now and then when I run on the trail because they are a very sturdy shoe, but as far as comfort and flexibility I love the Wave Riders! I just discovered that these come in Wide, I wish I too would have started buying the wider shoes. Hey, live and learn I guess. I do hope these Enigmas work for you but if you do feel there isn't enough "cushion" try the wave Riders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the cushion, but the top of the shoe is really comfortable! I'm wearing them at work today, but I don't like them.

      Delete
  2. I love Mizuno's, I've never run in the Enigma. But I'm in the Wave Sky and wave rider right now in combination with my Nike's and I just love having Mizuno's in my running mix!
    You'll love the cushion, they may take a little longer to break in, but once you do you'll love the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to try Mizuno's, but these may not be the right shoes for me. They're too snug, and I have the laces loose.

      Delete
  3. Another yes to Mizunos! I love mine! Hope you have a great run in them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first thought is these ones are too tight. I"m trying to give them a chance.

      Delete
  4. Yay for a new pair of shoes! I only run in Mizunos, so hopefully you like the new pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like new shoes, but these may not be it :(

      Delete