Tuesday, June 27, 2017

2017 Midway Point

It's hard to believe we're almost halfway through 2017.  I'd say the first half of my year has gone pretty well, not only with running.  I keep making progress with my ITBS, and I've settled into my new home, job, and state. 


My first and only goal for June was to relax and recover from the Bolder Boulder.  I took a complete rest for 13 days before I got the itch to start strength training again.  I'm now getting the itch to start cardio again, so my goal for July will be to work on that cadence, and build my base back up.  I'd also like to finish acclimating to the altitude, but that'll come on its own.  I'm almost there.  And then my race for Vegas is at a lower altitude than Denver, so maybe I'll benefit from acclimating?

I'm going to get new shoes this weekend, and then get back to the gym.  I haven't been to my gym at all in June, which is why I didn't want to sign up until the summer.  Darn that Colorado weather!  I have been looking at training plans for Vegas, and I think I'm going to stick with the Hanson's 15k plan, and adjust it to 10k.  I've looked at my calendar, and if I push the plan to 11 weeks, training starts in September!

Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.

16 comments:

  1. Seriously where has half the year gone? Fun to be thinking about Vegas training already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's not until September, but I need to start on my running homework.

      Delete
  2. It's hard to believe we are halfway through the year! Now if it would just warm up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's warming up here just fine. 90s last week, and it's warming up again.

      Delete
  3. Actually you'll find you do very well in lover elevations. I used to train at 6000-9000 feet and when I'd run a marathon at sea level my lungs didn't even feel worked until after mile 22, it was fabulous, you'll love it! Vegas I don't know their elevation, but much lower a few thousand feet than Denver for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vegas is a couple thousand feet below Denver elevation. I'm looking forward to that, and a flatter course.

      Delete
  4. I cant believe we are already halfway through the year! Its been a big one for you. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time off before training picks up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll sharpen my base and cadence, and hope to have another good training.

      Delete
  5. June has flown by, way too fast! Hard to believe the solstice has come and gone.... ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm liking the longer nights, but I can't believe it was already the first day of summer.

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear that the year has been going so well for you! I would love to go back to Colorado for a visit and to run in that high elevation! Vegas is going to be amazing, I look forward to following your training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost fully acclimated, but we'll see how I feel after a month off!

      Delete
  7. I'm getting back into strength training too. We'll see how I do as the miles get higher!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to prioritize strength training with my knee. I know I'll be spending a lot of time on that.

      Delete
  8. Seriously where has this year gone? It'll be Christmas in like two seconds! Yay for new shoes! That's always the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to think about Christmas yet, though I do have two items already for my Christmas list.

      Delete