Tuesday, May 23, 2017

My Next Race Will Be...

This probably won't be a surprise, and I haven't signed up yet, but I have decided to do the RnR Vegas 10k in November.  Prices went up last night, but since we're near the end of the month, I need to wait until next month to sign up.  I'm OK with that.  The price is now $90, which is still cheaper than what I paid to register for the Tink 10k. 

I tried talking to my mom last night, to give me reasons why I shouldn't sign up.  She's normally the voice of reason, but didn't have much of a list.  When she did come up with something, I had valid points, and a little bit of this:


The idea of a night race is definitely appealing.  The 10k starts at 4, and it's a short enough distance that I don't think I'd have to change much of what I do during the week when I run after work.  My parents can look after Allie, which I'm sure she'd love since she wouldn't be staying at the vet.  Big bonus for her!   She just needs to be driven to their place, and then she has this huge house to run around.

I haven't been to Vegas since I was in early elementary school.  The Sphinx Hotel had just started being built, and I remember seeing the paws were set.  That's all there was of that hotel.  Needless to say, I know it's changed quite a bit.

I also have a friend from college who works in Vegas.  I'd love to see her if she's in town, and race weekend is right after her birthday.  Birthday drinks!


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.

16 comments:

  1. ...and I'll be there! I hope I get to meet you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they added a 10k challenge in Vegas. Is that part of the rock n roll? So now there is a 5 and 10k plus the half and the full? Vegas is do fun! You'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's RnR. One of the few I know of with a 10k.

      Delete
  3. Yay! We did a girl's weekend for RnR Vegas last year and it was a lot of fun :) Hopefully your college friend can join you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she can. I haven't seen her in years.

      Delete
  4. I'll be there too. I'm running the 5k on Sat and the half on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! Seems like a good destination.

      Delete
  5. We love Vegas, but I'm having trouble paying that much for a half I've already run twice -- although it was my first, when I didn't really know what I was doing, & the second time I walked it with an injured friend.

    It's fun! Night races can be challenging, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sentimental about my first half too. IDK if I'll do it again, but I get some feels when that race weekend rolls around.

      Delete
  6. Vegas is the place! I'll also be there, but running the 13.1 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a few of us will be there.

      Delete
  7. How exciting! I know you'll have a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be there for the half! Hoping we can meet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should have a blogger meet up since quite a few of us will be there.

      Delete