Monday, May 15, 2017

Monday Musings 5/15

Another Monday.  But it's a special day... it's this girl's (estimated) birthday!


That would make her 5 years old.  And she got a clean bill of health two weeks ago.

Friday started off with me working from home.  I got a lot of busy work done, but unless I come up with a plan to get out of the house, I don't think I could do it more often than the rare occasion.  I do have the option to work from home when there's a snow storm since people here freak out in snow.  It's Colorado, wouldn't they know how to drive in this stuff?  I'd take advantage of it because the road I live off of now is pretty hilly, with only one lane in each direction.  If someone gets stuck, we'd all be stuck.

At one point, Allie got tired of being ignored and demanded attention when I was eating lunch.  Since I was on my lunch break, I put everything down and we snuggled for about 10 minutes.  She was happy with that and hopped off.

The rest of the weekend was low key.  I did 3.1 miles around the neighborhood as I start to taper.  I'd done a Pure Barre workout on Thursday and I still had a knot in my hamstring.  I knew it would be there Friday, but I woke up Saturday and it was still there.  I foam rolled as much as I could, but that knot was impressive.  I didn't push things on Saturday, but half of the 10k was good.

Yesterday was a low key day with lots of snuggles.  I was busy between errands and chores on Saturday, and my snuggle bug wanted attention big time.  I like to think she was treating me on Mother's Day since I am her fur-mama. 


I did finish a Christmas ornament I've been working on, the first of five.  Who here loves the Rankin and Bass Rudolph every Christmas?  The first ornament I finished is Sam, the talking snowman.


Linking up with Hoho Runs and MissSippiPiddlin for Weekend Wrap-up.

16 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Allie! Cat snuggles really are the greatest thing ever, I still get a kick out of when both my kittens want to cuddle with me at the same time!

    I hope your hamstring feels better, that knot does NOT sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wanted to snuggle a lot on Sunday. It's also when I discover claws need to be trimmed.

      Delete
  2. 10 minutes would never do for Gizmo, but then, he's 3 times as old as Allie.

    I'll probably share what he managed to do to my on Thursday -- let's just say it was painful & a first for me as a lifelong cat owner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can snuggle for a couple minutes, or a couple hours if I let her. It just depends on her mood.

      Delete
  3. I already wished your cat a Happy day on IG, but that is awesome she also had a clean bill of health!
    Great job on the ornament!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to hear when your pet has a clean bill of health.

      Delete
  4. Getting a clean bill of health for your pet is always a huge relief! Happy bday Allie Cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. She does have a little plaque build up, but nothing to worry about right now.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday, Allie!!! You are smart and beautiful, and clearly LOVED!!!!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is spoiled, but my excuse is she's a rescue and deserves it.

      Delete
  6. I wish I had the patience to do needlepoint but I do admire those of you who do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done it in quite a few years, but when I saw these, I had to get the kit. My family loves Rudolph.

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday to Allie! :) I love furry snuggles and love how they seem to know when we need them the most.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do. Once she settles down, it's so cute.

      Delete
  8. Rudolph is a favorite! I love all of the songs that game from that Christmas special. Make sure to display the other ornaments! I hope that knot in your calf goes away soon. It's almost race day, right? Thanks for linking, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post each ornament as I finish them. I'm stitching Clarice right now, which is an easier pattern than Sam.

      Delete