Friday, May 26, 2017

Goals for the Bolder Boulder

Last post before my race!  I have one more taper run to do today, and it looks like it will be on the treadmill.  We're supposed to be getting thunderstorms this afternoon.  Plus I got bored during my run on Tuesday.  I got phantom pains, and I was just tired of running around my neighborhood.  Next training cycle, I'll need to branch out and have a change of scenery.


So, it's here.  After a lot of running and building mileage, the Bolder Boulder is here.  I've had a much more successful training this year compared to last year, but I still need my leg to cooperate on race day.  I've had a small knot in my calf that I've been treating with Biofreeze and a lacrosse ball massage.  I'll be taped up from here to kingdom come, and I have festive Rocktape for Memorial Day.

My one goal is to have fun, since I've wanted to do this race for a while.  I signed up last June, not knowing what was in store for me last year.  Crazy.  I've had a long training cycle, I'd say too long since I'm ready for a break.  I needed to start running early so I could report back to my chiropractor, and she could come up with a game plan for strength training and cadence training.


If (big if!) my leg cooperates, I would like to better my time from Tink last year.  It won't be a deal breaker if I don't, but that would be extra.  The weather is supposed to be good starting Sunday, after t-storms today.  The high for Monday had been around 80 last week, but now we're looking at 70, with a low of 48 between Sunday and Monday.  I might need to find a throwaway shirt for Monday morning.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

16 comments:

  1. Good luck Lesley! You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck k this wkend. Hopefully your legs will cooperate and the weather will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great race this weekend! Hope all feels ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get it girl! I hope your leg cooperates and you can beat your Tink Time. Phantom pains... I hate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had phantom pains on and off for a few days :-/

      Delete
  5. Good luck! Sounds like a good omen with the weather cooling down for the race :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. This morning felt pretty good.

      Delete
  6. That race always seems so popular. I was in Boulder last summer so beautiful. I had such a hard time running in the altitude and I only did a 5k! Good luck and have fun look forward to reading about it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a huge race, with a lot of waves. I'll see how it works.

      Delete
  7. Yes, have fun! That should be the ultimate goal! I've heard great things about this race. Looking forward to the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hear how this goes! I would love to do the Boulder To Boulder but the size of the race intimidates me! I hope your leg cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The size is why they have so many waves. I hope it works out.

      Delete