Tuesday, May 9, 2017

First Review of BB Gear

After getting some pretty amazing Bolder Boulder loot in the mail, I've started wearing the pieces to see what I like about them.  The first review will be the tank top I received, the Skechers Raina tank top, in black.  It also comes in ice blue, and white.  The other item is the capris, the Tidal Capris, in all black.


My first impression of the tank top is that it was very light weight, and it proved to be as lightweight when I put it on.  It's very airy, with the back design cutouts, and mesh paneling (which you can see in the picture above).  It's a loose fit, but it's not big on me at all.  In fact, I felt like it fit very well.  I'm always concerned about shirts chafing my upper arms, but just wearing it around the house, before my strength training exercises, it didn't chafe at all.  So far, so good.

Since it is a loose fit, I didn't feel contained in the shirt either.  I like to be able to move my arms around, and what better way to test things out that strength training?  I haven't sweated in it yet, but it's made of moisture-wicking material, so when I have a chance to test that out, I'll y'all know.  Right now I'm wearing shirts with sleeves when I run outside, to help the sunscreen cover up my shoulders.


The second item is the pair of capris I received.  The material is heavier than the Under Armour pairs that I have, but the material is quite sturdy.  I feel quite secure in the capris, and I don't know anything is going to ride up, or sag down with these.  The pants hit at mid-calf, and there is mesh material around the back of the knees for breathability.  I was wearing these during my strength training as well, and I felt like I could move freely in them.  I do roll down the tops of the pants, but I do that with all of my running tights.  I roll the top down to sit on my hips, and these did a good job at staying there.


The one thing I haven't yet used are the pockets.  The description call these phone pockets, but I know I could fit my iPod in there.  They're quite roomy, and I like having pockets anyway.  I may not use them, but it's nice to know I can carry some small things around on a run, like tissues.  Sometimes tissues are needed depending on how cold and/or windy it is.

The one thing I didn't like on either of these were the tags.  Skechers isn't the only company I've had to cut the tags out right away (after making sure the item fits first).  I read the washing instructions before I cut them off, but if the tags are large, they're going to irritate me.  Either make the tags smaller, or print instructions on the fabric.  You can see the tag on the tank top above, and it was long enough it was irritating the back of my neck, and then the capris had a long tag along the upper leg, which irritated my thigh.  They're both gone and I feel much better.


Tuesdays on the Run with PattyErika, and Marcia.

14 comments:

  1. How fun you got some gear! Who knew Skechers made tanks and capris? Color me clueless. I agree with you on tags. I have no patience for them anymore. Love tagless items or when they easily tear out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily they were easy to cut out, but I knew they had to go when I tried on the items.

      Delete
  2. I have similar pockets on a pair of capris and they are so useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love pockets. These are the first capris I have with pockets.

      Delete
  3. They look great!
    I love a light weight tank, especially if it doesn't chaff under the arms!!! Enjoy your new finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lightweight is the way to go. I'll sweat more in the summer and needs tanks to breathe.

      Delete
  4. Tags can be a deal breaker for me. But those pockets look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's why I cut them out. I ordered a NB top and it had a very long tag. that had to go.

      Delete
  5. So cute and sounds like a great fit! Sorry about the tags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I'm picky about the way things fit, but both of these feel pretty good.

      Delete
  6. Do gotta admit that I tear the tags out of all my Skirtsports. And you know I need my pockets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pockets are great! I keep my new iPod nano in a pocket while running.

      Delete
  7. I didn't realize that Skechers had a clothing line! I like the swag. I don't have a ton of running tank tops but I hear you on the chafing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew they had shirts, but I hadn't looked into their whole line. I'm pleasantly surprised.

      Delete