Friday, May 19, 2017

Final Prep

1) I had my final tuneup Wednesday at my chiropractor's office.  She work on my hips, quads, and hip flexors, both sides.


2) I filled out my information for the media credentials I was emailed about.  I get to pick them up at the pre-race press conference the Sunday before the race, where I can sit in on the press stuff with the elites!  I don't know what I'm more excited for, the race or being in the press truck for the women's race.

3) I'm planning my last week of taper, which will hopefully include a shake out either Friday or Saturday.  My normal running schedule during the week is Tuesday and Thursday, but I feel like Thursday to Monday without a run would be too long.  Just a couple miles around the neighborhood should help my legs stay loose.

4) Yesterday we got the snow that was predicted for today.  When I woke up, it didn't look like it would be too bad during the day, so I drove in to work.  I was still thinking I could also make it to my new gym, for some running and my free personal training session.  I scratched that idea around lunch and drove home, and worked from home for the afternoon.  The storm was blowing in faster, and snow had accumulated on 36, which I take home.  I got home fine, but I wasn't leaving for the rest of the day.  I called the gym and rescheduled my training session for next week.

"You kind of set off an eternal winter... everywhere."
5) Needless to say I have a hate relationship with this month.  Yes, I got another successful 5-mile run last week, but I lost Thursday due to weather, Tuesday to rain, and yesterday to snow.  Snow that was strong enough that I didn't want to risk driving to the gym when I signed off from work.  Seriously, I've had a pretty good training cycle, with a couple flare ups, but mostly success.  It's my taper that's been a mess.


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

8 comments:

  1. Even though you get much snow there, does it melt fairly quick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does in the spring. It was already melting Friday morning, and now not a trace of it.

      Delete
  2. That's exciting that you got press credentials! Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds really fun! I've never done anything like this.

      Delete
  3. I think you will be just fine.

    It was not unusual to get snow into May in VT (which I hated) but not usually this late in the month! That sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people say it's rare, others say it's more common. It's definitely an adjustment.

      Delete
  4. How fun will that press truck be?! So excited for you! How much snow did you get? Enough already. It was hot (90s) here at the beginning of the week but today we have a high of 43 with rain and wind. I'm seriously over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got almost 5 inches! I don't want to hear about a drought because everything around here is green.

      Delete