Friday, May 5, 2017

BolderBOULDER Perks


I got loot on Wednesday for being a BolderBOULDER blogger!  Check it out!


It's all from Skechers, which is a major sponsor for the race.  I got 1) a sweatshirt, 2) shoes, 3) a tank top, 4) capris, and 5) shorts.  I'm already loving the zip up hoodie, but I think we're heading into warmer weather, so I'll save it for the fall.  It's really soft though, and should be good for lounging when the weather is chilly again.  Who knows, with the way Colorado weather is, I could still use it before spring is done.


The shoes are the GOrun Ride 6, and I wasn't sure what to make of them before I got them.  My regular running shoe size is 10.5, and these come in 10 or 11, but not 10.5.  Since 11 is way too big, I went with a 10, and I don't think I really need a 10.5.  I have a thumb's width between my right big toe and the shoe, so I'll see what I have once I start using these.  Since I'm so close to the race, and have had a good training run, I won't test these out until AFTER the race.  They're also neutral, so I'll need to wear my inserts to provide more arch support.  But what I can tell you is they are super light.  Like, really light, and since my New Balance shoes aren't as light, I do want to test out that difference.


I think blue is a theme this year since the zip up hoodie is ice blue, the shoes are blue, my race shirt option is blue... My dad's shirt is not blue, but I'm getting some pretty good blue gear in this batch.


As part of the deal with being a blogger, I will review these when I've had a chance to try them out.


Another perk is I get to ride on one of the press trucks for the elite race.  OMG!!  I've asked to follow the women's race since Oiselle's Stephanie Bruce announced she'll be running BB. 


Friday Five 2.0 with Fairytales and Fitness and Running on Happy.

10 comments:

  1. Such nice swag! I have never run in Sketchers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither have I, which is why I am playing it safe. I'll get through the race first, then try those out.

      Delete
  2. That is some awesome swag!

    I've tried Sketchers but found it didn't work for me. Hope it does for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started trying out the gear, and yesterday's was really comfy!

      Delete
  3. That is some really nice swag! I'm impressed that they sent you shoes! I hope you end up liking everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I really like 3 of the pieces. I've yet to try the others.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a really nice loot. The blue shoes are really pretty. Hope that they work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty! I like that shoe companies are having fun with their color schemes.

      Delete
  5. That really is some serious loot! Those shoes are such a pretty color--I hope that they work for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'll probably need to retire my current shoes after the race.

      Delete